“Pleasant experience.”
Review of Summit Restaurant

Summit Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Summit Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was our second visits to the Summit and we found it to be pleasantly enjoyable. We were asked to make reservations even though we were one of 3 parties in the whole restaurant. We were given menus and the wine list, and when I requested a particular wine, I was told it was no longer available, disappointed I requested another which was available. Before the appetizers we were surprised with an apple bisque, compliments of the chef, it was delicious, the rest of the meal was quite good. All in all a pleasant experience, we will return. A final note, there seems to be a lot of construction around the property, building materials are all over the parking lot, it doesn't add to the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Late planning for a Mother's Day/Birthday dinner on a Va Tech graduation weekend resulted in a mad scramble for a reservation at a good restaurant. Oh what a find. I love Trip Advisor, but this time it helped me discover a wonderful new restaurant that I would not have found on my own.

The house is full of charm. The staff was exceptional. Blair did a fantastic job of taking care of our party. The food was incredible. On par with similar priced restaurants in much larger cities. We ordered from a limited menu due to the very busy weekend and the food was terrific. The wine list was good with reasonably priced options. We enjoy Virginia wines and there were several to choose from. I'm looking forward to returning during a less hectic weekend to try out the full menu.

1  Thank Lissiejane-12
Reviewed May 13, 2012

On the heels of the Virginia Tech graduation, with reservations well in advance, five of us (2 couples and the graduate) had a lovely evening at this little jewel on the hill. As other reviewers have noted, Summit is a unique setting and tailor made for a memorable visit. The staff was very attentive and the food well above expectation. Because this was a special evening (nearby graduations), the menu was a fixed price to include soup, salad, and dessert. There were only a half dozen choices (all looked appetizing) Four of us had the grouper with the lone hold-out selecting the crab cakes. The grouper was excellent (3 of us noted a tad salty but certainly tasty!). The crab cakes were quite good-very 'crabby'- and the wine selections were within reason for pricing. All and all a memorable evening in a charming environment with an excellent staff. Chock up a hit on the hill!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

A very special place in historic home on a hill -- excellent service, excellent food. Special occasion-worthy. This may be one of the more expensive restaurants in Blacksburg area, but very reasonable compared to larger cities. Not far from VTech -- maybe 15 minute, easy drive.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've tried all the nicer places in the NRV and the Summit is up near the top. I have been here three times now and have no complaints with the food. Very well prepared and tasty meals. Wine selection is nice for the NRV. Food is a good price for quality. The restaurant is in an old Victorian Mansion and is very charming and we have had the best and most professional waiting staff of any restaurant in the NRV on our visits. My only complaint that keeps the rating from being a 5 star is seating. Two of the times I visited were romantic times for my spouse and I on week nights when the restaurant was almost empty. Both of these times they sat us originally in a quiet peaceful room but then put the next table in almost on top of us while the rest of the restaurant was empty. Only made for awkward quiet conversation after this. Once again no big deal if once but this happened twice. Other than this no further complaints and is hands down the best restaurant in Christiansburg by quality.

1  Thank sgraupn