“Chambord=Campari - don't think so”
Review of Blackstone Grill

Blackstone Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Christiansburg-based Blackstone Grill combines the taste of fine dining in a relaxed, modern-bistro style atmosphere. Here, elegance abides as great food reigns supreme. Come for the decadent drinks at the bar, or enjoy some of the best dishes around. From the freshest catches to the chef’s finest flavors, you’ll want to return again and again to relive the experience.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After the bartender thought they could substitute the Campari in my Negroni for Chambord, my hopes for good food was not high. However, after this little mishap, I was very happy with the food that was served. Crispy romain lettuce in my salad was crispy and a bonus for having extra anchovies. It would have been a double bonus if it was served with white anchovies. The tuna special was very tasty but slightly over cooked for ,deism rare. I would have easily given an extra star if he bartender would have not substituted Campari for Chambord in my drink. The devil is in the details.

Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Although I am displeased that you did not receive the proper drink that you had ordered, I am however VERY pleased that the food was to your expectation and that you thoroughly enjoyed it. We pride ourselves here at Blackstone on giving the best service and best dining experience possible and I sincerely hope that you will continue to dine with us. We hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I want to document an excellent dining experience that my wife and I had on 8/20/13. The quality of the food and service was outstanding. We had just returned from trips to Seattle and Portugal and this meal exceed any of those a supposedly "fine dining" locations. The salmon and tuna were done to perfection. The General Manager Ashish Malothra came by each table twice to check on satisfaction, and quality control. At the end of dinner when he found out it was our anniversary he immediately had paired a special desert.
This was our fifth meal in two months and all have been of excellent quality. I also take business associates when I want to ensure a quality experience.

2  Thank DrJDM
Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review of Blackstone Grill. It is the loyalty and guest satisfaction of customers such as yourself that we truly value and that make our restaurant such a venue for a great dining experience. We also appreciate your referrals and that you choose our restaurant for business meetings as our private dining room is an excellent area for those occasions. If there is anything that we can do for you in the future then please do not hesitate to let us know and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We usually take our best customers here and they are never disappointed. This visit was personal, as I wanted to impress my new lady friend with how good my taste in restaurants is. I had prime rib with a Shiraz and she ordered the Salmon. We share a plate of asparagus (all veggies are served family style). We both thoroughly enjoyed the meal and atmosphere.

Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here with us and that you are a loyal patron to Blackstone. We hope that you will dine with us in the very near future and if there is anything that we can do to make your experience more memorable then please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you once again!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was in town for the weekend and had dinner here. I had a great steak and the seared tuna appetizer. The service was awesome and the owner came by to talk and see how the meal was. I had such a good experience, that I drove out of my way to go back the next day for lunch. Again, great experience. I think it was the best burger that I've ever eaten. Again the owner came by to see how things were. I can't wait to go back!

Thank you kindly for your review of your dining experience here at Blackstone Grill! We take great pride in our ability to give our guests the best service and food possible. I am thrilled to hear that you came back in for lunch the next day as our lunch service is a relatively new option for our patrons -- and one that is as enjoyable as it seems. From the staff here at Blackstone we hope to see you sometime in the near future!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We made reservations for a graduation dinner based on good reviews. The only good thing that I can say is that we had a very nice waitress who was friendly and attentive. When we arrived we were told that our party of 10 would be separated. We had made these reservations at least a month in advance and were told we would be seated together. We also called to confirm at a later date. The manager was not able to offer any solution and he was completely uninterested in our problem. After being seated for about 10 minutes we noticed a 10 person table being broken down and a party of 4 seated at this table. Since we had been sternly warned in advance that there was a 72 hour cancellation policy with a penalty of $20 per person we were curious about this. We were told that we could not be seated there due to a last minute cancellation. Really??? My pistachio crusted goat cheese salad started out great, however, the tubular, clear plastic wrapper with black mold that I found in my salad completely took away my appetite. We asked to see the manager. We had to wait at least 10 minutes for him to make his way to our table due to his fawning over what I assume were regular customers. He took 50% off of our entrees, but he acted like we were a huge inconvenience and he could have cared less about our dining experience. The menu only had 6 entrees with one special. We attempted to order the roast chicken and were told that it would be 25- 30 minutes. Really??? Also, the rest of the dinner was mediocre at best. The signature crab cakes had very little taste, the prime rib was thin with unusually large areas of fat. I realize this was a busy night on graduation weekend but there is really no excuse for the lack of customer service offered by the manager. Disappointment only scratches the surface of how we felt after our "special" graduation dinner.

1  Thank bobbiegene
Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Although you did not have the sort of dining experience that we aim for here at Blackstone, I sincerely hope that you will give our restaurant another chance to prove to you what an excellent establishment we truly are. Whether it is the food, service or the ambiance we do strive on a daily basis to give our guests the ultimate dining experience that is unique to the New River Valley. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to call us at 540-381-0303. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!