“December visit”
Review of Blackstone Grill

Blackstone Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Christiansburg-based Blackstone Grill combines the taste of fine dining in a relaxed, modern-bistro style atmosphere. Here, elegance abides as great food reigns supreme. Come for the decadent drinks at the bar, or enjoy some of the best dishes around. From the freshest catches to the chef’s finest flavors, you’ll want to return again and again to relive the experience.
“December visit”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I had a great dinner. They are using a new beef supplier and quality was great. My prime rib was perfect as was her filet. They have also added a wider range of desserts. She had the homemade ice cream ( cheesecake ) and I had the lemon chess pie. Both great. Would recommend to everyone.

• Visited December 2012
Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you kindly for your wonderful review about your experience here at Blackstone Grill! We aim to give our customers the best service possible as well as the highest quality product that is made available to the area. We hope that you will consider us for any function; whether it is a private dinner, family affair or a business event. We look forward to your next visit, have a safe and wonderful New Year!

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Long Time Customers”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband, my friends and I have been coming to this restaurant since it was Bookbinders grill, and we have always loved it. However, lately the value - specifically of the bar menu, has been disappointing. We have always loved the happy hours here, and love all the bartenders and staff in general. What has been letting us down in the recent months is that it seems corners are being cut. The wines that are served by the glass have gone downhill, and the happy hour appetizers, while still good, are obviously cheap choices. The groups of us that frequent Blackstone have always really appreciated the value of the half priced appetizers that are from the Blackstone menu, and the value of the various happy hour drinks. The other happy hour drinks are still a great value, but the wines that are served by the glass are really only worth about what they are sold for on happy hour. We are sad to see our favorite restaurant in the area going in this direction, and we hope it will get back on track because we want to continue supporting it!

• Visited November 2012
Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of your experiences at Blackstone Grill, as always we highly value your patronage. Currently we are modifying and working on a daily basis to update our appetizer menu, in particular the menu that we serve at the bar. We will be putting out a wonderful menu within the next few weeks and we hope that we will see you soon so that you can try out the new items and some of the previous items that are making a comeback! We appreciate your comments very much and the feedback is nothing short of helpful to us as we want our customers very satisfied everytime that they leave the restaurant! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Washington DC
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to sit at a table or booth and we picked booth and was seated in the bar. Unfortunately we were not told the bar tender would be the only one waiting on our table. The evening progressed with poor and bad service. Hard to get water, silverware and we actually had dirty plates sitting on the table all night. The wine list was also poor. Go to 622 in Blacksburg if you like wine, here is not the place. The food was very good but the poor service ruined it.

• Visited November 2012
Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your dining experience was not what it should have been when you recently visited Blackstone Grill. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to show you and your guests what a terrific restaurant we truly are. We look forward to seeing you soon and please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your next experience a very enjoyable one!
“I highly recommend this restaurant for a great dining experience.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I had the signature dish which was the crabcake with roasted garlic risotto. It was pleasing to the eyes and the pallet. I also tried the ribs which were fall off the bone delicious and the prime rib was some of the best I have had. The creme brulee was the topper that I did not need but after it was gone, I was rolled out with a smile and a full stomach. My wallet still had money in it to my amazement. Great dining experience. Service with a smile. Thanks Gracie!

Ashish M, General Manager at Blackstone Grill, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of your dishes during your dining experience! Please consider one of our wine dinners as they have multiple courses and they truly enable you to have an amazing dinner paired with wonderful wines. We hope that you will possibly consider us for a private function or simply a night out sometime in the very near future. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milford, NE
“Classy Place”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I have dined here numerous times, and were never disappointed. My all-time favorite here was the roasted red pepper soup, some nights it had more kick than others, didn't matter it was SOO good, along with the bread. We've since moved from the area, and trust me, I'm going to miss Blackstone Grill.

• Visited May 2012
Thank you kindly for your review about your dining experience at Blackstone Grill! We are disappointed to hear that you have moved from the area but we hope that we will see you again in the future. We always appreciate any referrals and whenever you are in the area please stop by and dine with us once more! Thank you once again.