“It's a Drive-In, it's Drive-In food.”
Review of Dude's Drive-In

Dude's Drive-In
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Dude's takes you back to the days when the girl comes to your car, takes your order and brings a sack of food to you. You park in the parking lot, the menu is on a big sign on the building. Beware, the prices are not posted. You can ask the girl the price if you want to know the individual prices.

The food ranges from hot dogs (foot long too), hamburgers, BBQ, chuck wagon, etc.

It's drive-in food. It's good. It's messy.

Last time I went I got the Foot Long Hot Dog with Mustard Chili and Onions. It fell apart almost immediately. I'm glad I didn't get Slaw on it. The foot longs are good, just messy. The fries are good and they serve them with no salt but they give you the little salt packets to season to your preference. The burgers are good and the hamburger steak dinner is good (they include onion rings with the dinners). All I have ever eaten there are those items.

This is one of those places that has the regulars who eat there 2-3 times a week or more. The food can't be good for you so you know it's good.

There is also a working Drive-In Movie Theater next to it, so you can eat here and go to a movie in the summer time.

This place is only a mile or 2 from Interstate 81 in Christiansburg (exit 118) on Roanoke Road (go toward town).

Reviewed January 13, 2012

time travelin' burgers fries and a shake ... awsome!

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I wouldn't drive out of my way to eat here. Bar b q sandwich was ok.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Back to the future: it makes substantially more sense to park the cars and use people power for service, rather than burning gas idling at a drive through fast food chain. Dude's has persisted in doing it the old-fashioned way.

The staff are for the most part friendly and efficient. Many of the menu choices are good, but very little seems to be home-made. I believe this is a missed opportunity for Dude's to move another step ahead of the chains - it would be great if the food were done the old-fashioned way, too.

1  Thank ahmni
Reviewed June 17, 2011

While visiting Christianburg I used tripadvisor to find the best hot dogs in town and man did I. These dogs are really really good. The only complaint I have though is I showed up on a bike and there is no inside dining which I can live with but why not some outside tables? Even with no comfortable seating I will be back(which may be why there is none) when in town.