“Excellent Food, Excellent Service!!!”
Review of El Grand Rodeo

El Grand Rodeo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Chips and salsa were outstanding as usual. For my entree this time I tried the carnitas, Absolutely amazing!!! wonderfully moist, tasted like they just finished roasting them. Service was excellent!!! This is quickly a staple for me when visiting the NRV.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I go to different restaurants with friends all the time (especially Mexican Restaurants) and this was great! The portion was average, but the service was excellent and the salsa was great. I will return.

1  Thank hanb12345
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great food, excellent service. Truly enjoyed the chicken verde enchilladas. And the "white" salsa truly outstanding. I've never tasted anything quite like it. Will definitely return the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to go here for a lunch date. I was excited by the beautiful exterior and interior of the restaurant. The waiter did not seem pleased with us being there for some reason. I ordered a vegetarian dish and on the menu it said "burrito, cheese quesadilla, and cheese enchilada," therefore I assumed the burrito was cheese. When the burrito arrived, it was bean so I asked the waiter about it to see why the menu did not specify and if I could have a cheese burrito and he looked at me like I was stupid and said that the burrito was bean, which obviously at that point I had figured out. The enchilada and quesadilla were delicious however, so my only complaint is with the poor customer service. Also, the menu specifies no substitutions, which in general, annoys me because some people do not like beans or other items that come with meals and it really makes customers happy when they can substitute beans for extra rice or bean burritos for cheese. I will most likely never return here as I really enjoy eating at Alejandro's and El Charro.

1  Thank Savannahnashay
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have always loved El Gran Rodeo, favorite Mexican restaurant in the NRV. However, the last two times I have been there, have been less than up to par. Most recently, I was there yesterday for lunch with my daughter. I always order the same thing - You Pick Two where there are several items listed like taco, enchilada, burrito, quesadilla, etc. and you pick whichever two items you want and it comes with rice and beans...great price for all you get too!

So I settle in yesterday and go to order my usual, two cheese burritos - when the waiter, who has never waited on me before, tells me I can't have two cheese burritos, I have to pick two DIFFERENT items. I was shocked, to say the least, and said "But I ALWAYS order this the same way every time I come here..." He said, "I don't know how you've done it, once you select burrito on the computer, that choice goes away and you must enter a different item". I questioned him a couple more times, but he just stared at me like he didn't care, I just needed to do what he said and pick something different. I should have asked for a manager, but I don't usually raise a stink at a restaurant, so I just got a quesadilla instead.

For the second time in a row, the cheese was not melted inside the burrito and had to go back. I will certainly give it another chance, and next time, I will insist on speaking with a manager, I just feel like the service and food is suffering a little bit and hope that when the other restaurant opens in Fairlawn, it will get better.

1  Thank Kelli G