“Great place”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Fairlawn, Virginia
“Great place”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We go there about once every 2 months for lunch......great place to eat. Plenty of variety of food for adults and children. Family atmosphere.

Visited September 2013

Christiansburg, Virginia
“Worst restaurant in Christiansburg!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We heard that Ryan's was under new management so we decided to give it another chance. (They had had a bad reputation for the last few years for poor food and service). When we walked in, another customer was getting a refund for his meal. He turned and advised us to leave before we wasted our money. I wish we had listened. The restaurant was dirty, apparently there was a water leak at the ice cream machine with rotten water running out over the floor. I never saw anyone trying to clean it up, there was just a wet floor sign sitting in the middle of the water. The odor was so bad that people were moving to one side of the restaurant to get away from it. The food was terrible. The fried foods were inedible because they had burnt the oil and the food was dark brown and burnt tasting. We had to eat salad and vegetables. Several food trays were empty when we arrived and still empty when we left. The waitress never asked why our plates of food were still half full when she picked up dirty plates, I guess she knew the food was too horrible to eat. We have been to other towns and they had great Ryans. Why can't Christiansburg get a decent Ryan's or change out to Golden Corral. Don't waste your money here. There are plenty of other restaurants in Christiansburg.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank CarnanP
va
“Hate this place”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I hate Ryan's but I love my family so I am forced to go there a couple of times a year. It is awful. It is by far the worst restaurant in the new river valley. Unclean, unkempt, uninspiring cuisine matched with horrible service in a crowded setting better suited for a NASCAR race or a billy ray Cyrus concert. Don't go here. Ever. I dread my next visit :(

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank imhapi2bme
Blacksburg, Virginia
“No Way......Never Again”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have heard that other Ryan's are very good...this would be the exception...poor food quality...unclean...poor service...I even found a piece of blue plastic in my food one time....We really need a Golden Corral....

Visited March 2013
2 Thank bluelava99
Sanford, North Carolina
“So Disappointing”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were visiting Blacksburg this past weekend and my husband wanted to take me out for Mother's Day breakfast. We chose Ryan's because we've eaten there before. BIG MISTAKE! We arrived at around 9:50 and were told breakfast would be over at ten, even though the sign (only about five feet away from the hostess) said breakfast was served until 10:30. Right away the hostess was extremely rude. She would reply to my husband with "What?" multiple times (this just seemed so inappropriate). The food was awful! The French toast was so hard it probably would have knocked a hole in the wall if I'd thrown it. The eggs looked like they had been out for hours and the grits were crumbling the whole time I was trying to scoop them (anyone who knows anything about grits knows they are not supposed to crumble when cooked). We ended up eating a couple biscuits, a few slices of bacon and one pancake for $19+. We left incredibly disappointed and will never go back to this place. The only plus to the entire visit was that the waitress was very nice and kept our drinks filled. I highly recommend you find somewhere else to eat breakfast.

• Visited May 2013