“Perfect lunch spot”

Mockingbird Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Christiansburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are an intimate bakery/cafe in the heart of the New River Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains, a stone's throw from RU and VT as well as Floydfest, Mountain Lake and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our specialty is chicken salad on a house-crafted fresh croissant and our other sandwiches include turkey club, reuben, Cuban, house-made pimento cheese and egg salad, and the caprese with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto. We make a fresh salad every day and the case is full of cupcakes, cookies and pie/cake selections.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped in to the Mockingbird Cafe and Bakery after going to the antique store that is in the same building, and wow did we get lucky! We shared a bowl of lentil soup, a chicken salad croissant, and a pumpkin scone. All three were absolutely delicious! The chicken salad croissant was killer - and the scone was perfect - just enough pumpkin flavor without being overpowering.

If we lived in Christiansburg, I would be a regular here for sure.

3  Thank ewfickle
There are newer reviews for Mockingbird Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I drive approx. 20 minutes to eat here. Everything is made from scratch and is fresh. The prices are reasonable, too. I've had a few of her sandwiches and they're all good but my favorite is the pulled pork on a moonshine roll. My sister had a scone which was the best she's ever eaten, her words, not mine. The cinnamon rolls with icing are large and sweet! I've not had everything she makes but I'm working on it. Come see what's new in Christiansburg, VA.

Wait! I forgot the chicken salad on croissant. That may be my favorite or maybe it's a tie with the pulled pork. See which one is your favorite.

1  Thank Kareen A
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Tried for the first time and we weren't disappointed. One of the few places my husband and I can agree on. Was able to find a good lunch on my low-carb diet, but was tortured by the amazing looking deserts and homemade breads. Brussels sprout salad, vegetable soup, and iced chai were amazing. My husband loved his jerk pork sandwich, especially the moonshine roll. Friendly service and reasonable prices.

1  Thank CoachC_12
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had a great meal here. The oat bread was fabulous! The muffelatta was good according to my husband. Really nice people running the place & a cute ambiance too... tablecloths & things that make it cozy.. sweet tea wasnt overly sweet ... it was just right!

1  Thank candicegaud
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My dear friend and I were surprised and pleased to stumble upon the Mockingbird Cafe & Bakery for lunch. I had egg salad on sourdough bread and it was perfect. Tea was freshly brewed and I had a peanut butter cookie that had to be shared! It was really big and scrumptious, Lunch was so good that I had to try it 2 days in a row and was only disappointed that they had sold out of almost everything on the shop!! People were very pleasantly waiting in line. Nice to see freshly prepared items and the service by a young man was excellent. So glad to have this cafe open and so alive!!

1  Thank Hiwassee