“Love, Love, Love!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Everyone was wonderful! The breakfast was super! Will recommend to all! Rooms were very clean!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We always love to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay with us. Please come back and check out our new renovations!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is the best hotel i had the privilege to stay at. Used to stay at Best Western but will never stay there again. Great hotel and great staff. Customer service is above and beyond expected. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area for Radford University or Virginia Tech. They upgraded and renovated the breakfast area and front desk in the lobby witch looks great!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your stay and review! We love to hear the feedback from our guests! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and that the staff took great care of you! We wish you many more safe travels and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband, teenage son and I stayed in this hotel one night while dropping off our daughter at Va. Tech. We had booked a nonsmoking room with queen beds. When we checked in we were told that we'd be in a smoking room with double beds. Every hotel in Radford, Christiansburg, and Blacksburg was booked for move-in week; getting another hotel room was not an option. The staff did not offer to compensate us in any way, and we were forced to endure a very long night there. The room smelled like someone had just smoked an entire pack of cigarettes in it, the bed was very hard with sheets that wouldn't stay tucked in, and the air conditioner was extremely noisy. I managed to get 2-3 hours of sleep all night. The only thing positive we experienced here was very good scrambled eggs at breakfast in the morning. We will avoid this hotel at all costs on our future trips to the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your stay and review. We apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We are under new management and have recently renovated our hotel. We would like to have you back to see all of our improvements! Please give us another chance to provide you with the excellent service that we strive for! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We checked in and found our smelled like cat urine. We asked for another room and that one smelled like a filthy gym locker. I would never send anyone here. It took a whole bottle of air freshener to mask the smell for us to sleep. Showers in the morning to remove the stench and then we left immediately.

• Stayed: August 2011
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have recently renovated our hotel and are under new management. We would like to invite you back to see our improvements and offer you the exceptional experience we are so proud of! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I arrived in Friday 7/15/11 and checked in at around 6:00 PM. I called the front desk and complained that the TV doesn't work and they said they would either move me to another room tomorrow or get me another TV. Well lts now Saturday evening and guess what I still haven't got a TV or moved to another room. I've also cut my hand open because the shower control is broken and very sharp, the walls in the room have black marks all over them and the bed spreads are filthly and have probably never been washed. I will not ever come back to this hotel and well never recomend it. Stay Away!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank George437

Thank you for your review. I apologize on behalf of our team that we did not provide you with the level of customer service that we strive to acheive. We are now under new management and have an excellent staff that is ready to assist you in any way possible. We invite you to come back and let us show you how much has changed!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Finding decent hotels in this area is a challenge. This time I was alone without my kids. The room was adequate, nothing fancy. A little tired and worn but all basic needs met. Fridge and microwave was nice . Safe available although sitting up on a block in the entryway. Cofffee pot and shampoo provided. Free dry continental breakfast is a plus. Now for the negatives.
The deadbolt did not latch--it wasn't properly aligned. The wake up call came 10min late and the alarm clock never went off. No cell phone reception inside.
I did get a AAA discount. Abot 3mi from RU, which is a little farther than others. Overall, it got the job done.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy_kidsallgrown

Thank you for your review. We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations when you stayed with us. We are under new management and have recently renovated our lobby and guest rooms. We would love to invite you back to see our improvements and give us another chance to provide you with superior service. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2011

The hotel is nicely located right off I-81 in Radford and the rooms are really nice, HOWEVER...When we returned from our busy day visiting family we came back to the hotel hosting a college party. We were not informed about this when we booked the room or when we checked in. The bass was super loud and could hear it throughout the whole hotel. The front desk attendee tried to help us out and change us to two other rooms, but there was no getting away from the bass or the loud people in the halls. They didn't charge us for the night, and we stayed elsewhere that night, and switched hotels pretty late in the evening. If you are going to host college parties, then stick to that. However if you are going to have families stay there, I wouldn't be hosting any more of those kind of parties...I am horribly disappointed in this hotel, and it would take a lot for me to stay there, since myself and my family member have tried calling management to talk about the situation and we have not been called back. Wouldn't waste my money at all! Who knows what kind of event they will have when you stay there.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank eej13

On behalf of our team, I would like to extend a sincere apology for your unpleasant stay with us. We are under new management and pride ourselves on being a family-friendly hotel in a quiet setting. We would love for you to give us another chance to provide you with superior service. Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!