All reviewsfront deskking suitevirginia techroom was cleantraveling southnext morningnice hotelthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolwaffleshotel is locatedhot breakfastconvenient locationstaff was very friendlyovernight stopnice staycracker barrel
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Pleasant staff. Room was large and clean. Breakfast was better than average. We did not have reservations, and took the only available room. Tripadvisor requires 200 character minimum and this should do it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our new hot breakfast! We hope to see you the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent Sunday with the folks at Fairfield and thanks for the hideaway and exercise stop over. College transition/transfers can be taxing but not when you have a neat, clean, quiet place to rest and relax. Excellent - great fitness center but sure wish you could add a "Bike!" Pool area neat and well kept. A grand walking path out back and wide open spaces to watch for critters. Take an upstairs (odd numbers) room for solitude! Continental breakfast fair but wish they had "biscuits and gravy!" A 15 minute drive to Tech but that can be a most enjoyable ride on a bright and clear June morning. If you need good service and a place to hide- - - Fairfield Inn Christiansburg can be the place. May want to clean the bathroom exhaust ducts, it's been a while since they had some love!

Room Tip: Restaurants with easy driving distance . . . we chose "Outback" and their service and food was great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Byron,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will look into the suggestions you left here! The next time you visit your child at Tech, or are just passing through the area, pleae stop by our hotel again, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have a confirmed reservation last night and when we went to check in they had no room for us. No Excuses or any offers of assistance other than to call 6 hotels in the area that were booked. Told us we could drive to Roanoke which is 45 minutes away - it was 11 PM. Hopefully I will never have to attempt to stay in a Fairfield Inn again and I would recommend you do not either. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vlohokie
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very distressed to learn this happened to you and invite you to contact me personally (njeri.kershaw@marriott.com or 540-381-9596) so I can fully understand what happened with your reservation. At this hotel we pride ourselves on great customer service and giving you a stay that would make you want to come back and again I apologize we did not deliver. I would love to speak with you.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was here for my niece's graduation from VT. The property was clean and nice outside. The room was big and spacious. The beds were comfortable. And the bathroom was big and had plenty of room for toiletries. However the service was very spotty. The first day our room was made up just fine except we didn't get fresh washcloths. The second day our room was not made up at all when we returned at 5:00pm. The response was good once we called though.

The free breakfast was very crowded and the room had tables with very large chairs that took up way too much room.

I think this hotel would be better on a weekend when they are not full. The housekeeping and breakfast service seemed a bit overwhelmed with the crowds.

I hate to be hard on a place, but for $249 a night I expected more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your response! I'm sorry you had only an average stay and I hope you give our hotel another chance to change the average stay into an exceptional one!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Cheerful, bright, clean, quiet and comfortable. Spacious rooms, nice choices at breakfast unlike most hotels. Friendly, prompt service and caring staff. Negative reviews cause doubt, and as far as the hot water goes, we had plenty of hot water the entire time. Whenever we have to be in that area, we will always stay at the Fairfield. No doubts.

Room Tip: Our quiet room was 2nd floor, front of building, left around the elevator. However, ask at the desk because they may not always locate "noisy" people :) in the same areas all the time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad your stay lived up to your expectations! When you are in the area again, please stop by the hotel, I would love to meet you!