“College Registration Hidwaway!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent Sunday with the folks at Fairfield and thanks for the hideaway and exercise stop over. College transition/transfers can be taxing but not when you have a neat, clean, quiet place to rest and relax. Excellent - great fitness center but sure wish you could add a "Bike!" Pool area neat and well kept. A grand walking path out back and wide open spaces to watch for critters. Take an upstairs (odd numbers) room for solitude! Continental breakfast fair but wish they had "biscuits and gravy!" A 15 minute drive to Tech but that can be a most enjoyable ride on a bright and clear June morning. If you need good service and a place to hide- - - Fairfield Inn Christiansburg can be the place. May want to clean the bathroom exhaust ducts, it's been a while since they had some love!

Room Tip: Restaurants with easy driving distance . . . we chose "Outback" and their service and food...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Byron,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will look into the suggestions you left here! The next time you visit your child at Tech, or are just passing through the area, pleae stop by our hotel again, we would love to have you back!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have a confirmed reservation last night and when we went to check in they had no room for us. No Excuses or any offers of assistance other than to call 6 hotels in the area that were booked. Told us we could drive to Roanoke which is 45 minutes away - it was 11 PM. Hopefully I will never have to attempt to stay in a Fairfield Inn again and I would recommend you do not either. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vlohokie
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very distressed to learn this happened to you and invite you to contact me personally (njeri.kershaw@marriott.com or 540-381-9596) so I can fully understand what happened with your reservation. At this hotel we pride ourselves on great customer service and giving you a stay that would make you want to come back and again I apologize we did not deliver. I would love to speak with you.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was here for my niece's graduation from VT. The property was clean and nice outside. The room was big and spacious. The beds were comfortable. And the bathroom was big and had plenty of room for toiletries. However the service was very spotty. The first day our room was made up just fine except we didn't get fresh washcloths. The second day our room was not made up at all when we returned at 5:00pm. The response was good once we called though.

The free breakfast was very crowded and the room had tables with very large chairs that took up way too much room.

I think this hotel would be better on a weekend when they are not full. The housekeeping and breakfast service seemed a bit overwhelmed with the crowds.

I hate to be hard on a place, but for $249 a night I expected more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your response! I'm sorry you had only an average stay and I hope you give our hotel another chance to change the average stay into an exceptional one!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Cheerful, bright, clean, quiet and comfortable. Spacious rooms, nice choices at breakfast unlike most hotels. Friendly, prompt service and caring staff. Negative reviews cause doubt, and as far as the hot water goes, we had plenty of hot water the entire time. Whenever we have to be in that area, we will always stay at the Fairfield. No doubts.

Room Tip: Our quiet room was 2nd floor, front of building, left around the elevator. However, ask at the desk...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad your stay lived up to your expectations! When you are in the area again, please stop by the hotel, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My brother was graduating from VT and we stayed here. It was very nice with wonderful service. The breakfast was kind of lame though. The rooms were very nice. There is free WiFi but you have to ask for the code from the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2013
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad our hotel met your needs, and hope on any future visits to the area, you will choose to stay at our property again!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had forgotten to book our "regular" hotel in enough time... it was graduation weekend at Radford. We needed to pick up our college kids and this was the only property I could find with rooms available. A tad bit far from Radford, but I had not choice. I was extremely pleased with the hotel, the room and the staff. I had booked only 1 room but needed another as my college kids wanted to stay in the hotel rather than in their apartment one last night. I was happy to find they had another room available. There was no "hotel" smell, everything smelled fresh and clean. Rooms were both very clean and bathrooms had no issues. Breakfast was hot and good. Plenty of food available and good variety. Plenty of hot water in the shower too so if there was a problem before it has been resolved. I would stay here again if my "regular" hotel is unavailable. There is an exercise room, pool, hot tub and walking/running track on the property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our property. We strive to give every guest a great room and a great stay, and are pleased we gave that to you. Hopefully you will continue to stay with us in the future, and maybe we can become your "regular" hotel!

Thanks!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Courteous and helpful staff. Lobby, room and bathroom were very clean. Temperature of the room easily maintained. There is a walking track behind the hotel. Complementary breakfast is served, and a Cracker Barrel is across the street. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us in the future!