All reviews front desk king suite virginia tech traveling south room was clean next morning nice hotel the breakfast area hotel is located waffles convenient location staff was very friendly overnight stop cracker barrel night's sleep great room free breakfast
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Courteous and helpful staff. Lobby, room and bathroom were very clean. Temperature of the room easily maintained. There is a walking track behind the hotel. Complementary breakfast is served, and a Cracker Barrel is across the street. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. Lobby, room, facility clean and new. Hot breakfast was filled with many options, food was tasty. Would stay at this hotel again. Plenty of parking, that was well lit, big plus since we arrived late at night. Never had to wait for someone to help check us in or check out. Market at entrance had cold drinks, hot coffee, and snacks, and other odds and ends just in case something was forgotten at home, feather free room was a easy accommodation made to prevent an allergy attack.

Room Tip: just request away from ice makers/vending as they were noisy..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all reviews and we are pleased you found your stay so enjoyable! If you are in the area again, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have been going to Christiansburb and environs on a regular basis for a couple of years for family busines--illness of father, etc. Have stayed at 3 places off I-83 at Rts. 460/ and 11 heded north towards Roanoke. Gave up on the Quality Inn there becaue of uneven "quality" and the lack of an elevator to the second floor. The Holidy Inn Express is nice but expensive. Tried the Fairfield Inn this time and this is my new place to stay. Rooms are clean and well mintained, the free breakfast each morning is one of the best around. It will get you out the door and on the road quickly. The staff makes the difference. Friendly, helpful nd cring for those of us with our own physical needs. One of the few places I have stayed on various trips in the last couple of years where there were no maintenance issues in the room. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you need grab bars in the bath room, make the reservation online (better price) then call the hotel to make sure they know your needs. My room was perfect for me and my mobility/balance issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello! Thank you for your review. I am very pleased we were able to make your stay so enjoyable! I look forward to having you stay with us again, and continuing our excellent service!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was visiting my son at Va. Tech for the weekend & usually stay closer to the school. Unfortunately, everything was booked & I had to stay in Christiansburg. I was very leery about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews; I am very picky about hotel rooms and easily get "grossed out." We had a total of 3 rooms, and everyone was very satisfied with the accommodations. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was great. The only thing I didn't like was that there isn't a full-length mirror in the room. Other than that, this very picky guest was VERY satisifed and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very glad we met your standards on a clean, comfortable room. We hope you will consider us again when you are back in the area!

Thanks!

Njeri Kershaw

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was hesitant to review this motel because I thought it may have been a bad day when I stayed there and am reluctant to make that bad day worse. Then I read another person's review and they had the same problem - no hot water. It may be more than a coincidence. I will say when I complained they offered to take some off the bill but I was not looking for a cheap room without hot water - I was willing to pay for a room with what I consider basic necessities. I am starting to question the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you had issues with your hot water. We have since had the problem looked at, and are confident you will not have this problem again. Please consider staying with us again so we can prove it to you.

Njeri Kershaw