All reviews front desk king suite virginia tech room was clean traveling south next morning nice hotel the breakfast area outdoor pool hotel is located waffles hot breakfast convenient location staff was very friendly overnight stop nice stay cracker barrel
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have been going to Christiansburb and environs on a regular basis for a couple of years for family busines--illness of father, etc. Have stayed at 3 places off I-83 at Rts. 460/ and 11 heded north towards Roanoke. Gave up on the Quality Inn there becaue of uneven "quality" and the lack of an elevator to the second floor. The Holidy Inn Express is nice but expensive. Tried the Fairfield Inn this time and this is my new place to stay. Rooms are clean and well mintained, the free breakfast each morning is one of the best around. It will get you out the door and on the road quickly. The staff makes the difference. Friendly, helpful nd cring for those of us with our own physical needs. One of the few places I have stayed on various trips in the last couple of years where there were no maintenance issues in the room. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you need grab bars in the bath room, make the reservation online (better price) then call the hotel to make sure they know your needs. My room was perfect for me and my mobility/balance issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Hello! Thank you for your review. I am very pleased we were able to make your stay so enjoyable! I look forward to having you stay with us again, and continuing our excellent service!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was visiting my son at Va. Tech for the weekend & usually stay closer to the school. Unfortunately, everything was booked & I had to stay in Christiansburg. I was very leery about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews; I am very picky about hotel rooms and easily get "grossed out." We had a total of 3 rooms, and everyone was very satisfied with the accommodations. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was great. The only thing I didn't like was that there isn't a full-length mirror in the room. Other than that, this very picky guest was VERY satisifed and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very glad we met your standards on a clean, comfortable room. We hope you will consider us again when you are back in the area!

Thanks!

Njeri Kershaw

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was hesitant to review this motel because I thought it may have been a bad day when I stayed there and am reluctant to make that bad day worse. Then I read another person's review and they had the same problem - no hot water. It may be more than a coincidence. I will say when I complained they offered to take some off the bill but I was not looking for a cheap room without hot water - I was willing to pay for a room with what I consider basic necessities. I am starting to question the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you had issues with your hot water. We have since had the problem looked at, and are confident you will not have this problem again. Please consider staying with us again so we can prove it to you.

Njeri Kershaw
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

What a nightmare. We checked in around 2, and were given a room right next to the EXTREMELY loud elevator. We called downstairs, but they didn't have anything else ready. Fine. We went to Blacksburg and came back and got a room on the third floor away from the elevator. The gentleman at the front desk wore a blue fuzzy hat thing as well--how unprofessional.

The room is okay--two beds and a lot of awkward space with nothing. A standard LG tv, some lamps, and that's about it. Pantene products in the bathroom. Now here comes the problem.

Imagine you're renting a car. You pull out and it dies--"Ohhh. You wanted a car with gas? Sorry we didn't tell you". At the Fairfield Inn, it's "Ohh. You wanted a room with hot water? Sorry we didn't tell you it's not working." Wait. What? No hot water? Yep. We found this out at 10 pm as I stepped in the shower. The shower was lukewarm at best. The gentleman at the front desk said they had been "working on it" but "not tonight". This small error hadn't been mentioned to us at checkin. Are you kidding? That's the point of a hotel. A safe room and hot water. It's absurd we hadn't been told on checkin. Trying to pull a fast one doesn't work with hot water. Management doesn't really seem to care. Oh well. Avoid this hotel like the plague. Stay at the Courtyard in Blacksburg instead.

Way to go, Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. I know we have spoken with you privately about this and have hopefully handled your issues to your satisfaction. Please come to the hotel again and we can show you the problems you experienced are not the norm of our hotel.

Thanks,

Njeri

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, we have 3 children, twins aged 7 and a 15 year old. We wanted to stay in Blacksburg but reserved at this hotel as reservations said we could get one room at the Christiansburg location with a roll away, which we reserved at the time of our reservation. We arrived at the hotel at 10:15pm to find they had no roll aways left. They informed us that roll aways are a request and not a guarantee. This was news to us, as far as we were concerned it was guaranteed when we made the reservation. Our predicament was what to do with 3 children who could obviously not fit in one bed. The reception called the manager who basically said it was our problem and we should get another room, wrong answer! When we informed her this was not a solution and requested she call the manager again (by now there were a couple more people waiting to check in), the manager informed the reception the line was not good and she couldn't hear her! The reception eventually rectified the problem by accommodating our 15 year old in a room opposite us. The rooms are more than large enough to accommodate the 2 queen beds and up to 2 rollaways but the hotel only has 4 rollaways on the property. This is a problem if central reservations is offering this hotel to accommodate a family of 5 or more in one room. At first glance the room appeared immaculately clean until one of our daughters stood on a piece of spat out chewing gum around the air conditioning unit. Overall the hotel was very clean and fairly new looking. Our son needed to do laundry, the hotel offers complimentary laundry detergent and there is a small fee to use the machine. The drier was not working properly and we were offered the use of the industrial drier, my son took his laundry from the machine down to reception and they called when it was dry. He was grateful when he saw they had folded his laundry for him! The breakfast is only offered until 10:00am on the weekends, we arrived down to breakfast about 9:55am to find everything being put away, in fact the wait staff in the dining room were almost rude in their rush to clean up, bumping into chairs and dragging the garbage behind people still eating. I went to stand up from my chair and was met with the service staff pushing behind me, it was a matter of either sitting back down, pulling my chair in or being pushed over by the server who was in such a rush she had not considered another route around our table. I'd say the breakfast room was cleaned with nothing left to pick at, not even a cup of coffee by 10:10am.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear your stay was not up to the standards you expect at a Marriott property. I have spoken with all parties involved and am assured the problems you experienced should not happen again. I am happy to hear they were able to help your son out with his laundry! I encourage you, if you are in the area again, to stay at our property again so we can show you the amazing service you have come to expect. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns.

Njeri