All reviewsfront deskking suitevirginia techroom was cleantraveling southnext morningnice hotelthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolhotel is locatedwaffleshot breakfastconvenient locationstaff was very friendlyovernight stopnice staycracker barrel
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have to say, the room I stayed in was a disappointment, the smell of disinfectant (if thats what it was) was so strong that my girlfriend wasn't feeling well and complaining within the hour. I was so glad that I was only staying one night as we couldn't have stayed any longer. We will skip this hotel the next time we travel down 81 and drive a bit farther to something better.

Room Tip: Maybe keep driving an hour or two to something better if you can find it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in the area for a wedding in Blacksburg. Decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn because of slightly cheaper prices (though it would have been nice to stay at the hotel where the rest of the wedding guests stayed). This place wasn't bad; it was average.

The hotel staff was nice, relatively friendly. When I arrived, my room had no towels, called housekeeping, they brought us more than enough. The beds were average, not terribly hard, but not luxurious either. I had a average room, not a suite. I assumed this place was all suites, its not.

By biggest issue was the breakfast. It was gross. If you are used to nice breakfast with good quality teas and veggie and protein for breakfast, go elsewhere. As a healthy eater, there was nothing here for me. I had to go to a little shop in Blacksburg for a decent meal.

This hotel is right off the highway to the airport. That was super convenient!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank whosaidso8
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Seems like an older building that's been remodeled. looks it! Bathroom was not the cleanest, lots of dirt and dust on hair dryer, light switch plates, towel bars, tp holder, mirror frame (had toothpaste residue also!! yuk). Stains on the walls. Bathroom gets so steamed up when you take a shower that the tiles on the floor become so wet they are slippery and dangerous. Bedding is old, sheets were frayed. I have stayed at other Fairfield Inns recently in Harrisonburg and Strassburg -- both of which were terrific which is why I chose to stay at a FI in Christiansburg. Really feel that this hotel does not give you the value for the nightly rate they charge...should have been $30+ cheaper for this room to make sense. We will be coming to this area for the next four years but we won't be looking to stay here again unless we have to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Huge, clean, comfy, quiet modern room. Very much worth the price. Great location and lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Pros: Good stay - rooms are clean, breakfast is good.
Cons: Limited TV, broken ice maker on 1st floor and elevator down for maint. at 9AM

My family and I have stayed here several times. It is a good hotel, but I am wondering if things are slowing down a bit IE:TV was really limited
None the less, we will stay again as this is a nice, clean, well placed hotel right off of 81

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family