All reviewsfront deskking suitevirginia techroom was cleantraveling southnext morningnice hotelthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolhotel is locatedwaffleshot breakfastconvenient locationstaff was very friendlyovernight stopnice staycracker barrel
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Seems like an older building that's been remodeled. looks it! Bathroom was not the cleanest, lots of dirt and dust on hair dryer, light switch plates, towel bars, tp holder, mirror frame (had toothpaste residue also!! yuk). Stains on the walls. Bathroom gets so steamed up when you take a shower that the tiles on the floor become so wet they are slippery and dangerous. Bedding is old, sheets were frayed. I have stayed at other Fairfield Inns recently in Harrisonburg and Strassburg -- both of which were terrific which is why I chose to stay at a FI in Christiansburg. Really feel that this hotel does not give you the value for the nightly rate they charge...should have been $30+ cheaper for this room to make sense. We will be coming to this area for the next four years but we won't be looking to stay here again unless we have to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Huge, clean, comfy, quiet modern room. Very much worth the price. Great location and lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Pros: Good stay - rooms are clean, breakfast is good.
Cons: Limited TV, broken ice maker on 1st floor and elevator down for maint. at 9AM

My family and I have stayed here several times. It is a good hotel, but I am wondering if things are slowing down a bit IE:TV was really limited
None the less, we will stay again as this is a nice, clean, well placed hotel right off of 81

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I were passing through Va. on our way down to Texas in May and decided to stay at this Fairfield Inn for the night. It was a good stay. The usual amenities. Nothing outstanding and nothing bad to say about it. Staff was good at check-in and check-out. Breakfast in the AM was the usual - good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LivinginSanAntonio
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I are Mariott Guests only, and the Fairfield Inn in Christiansburg lives up to the high standards set by the Mariott Hotels everywhere. If anything is bad here, it is the breakfast bar; but that is quite typical of breakfast bars everywhere. I'm mostly a cereal guy anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The rooms are clean and larger than most similar hotels and are always well-stocked with supplies. We have stayed in this particular Fairfield Inn and our latest stay was no exception. Everything was great..and a shout out to Njeri---she recommended a local Barbecue place that was just spectacular. They even had a couple of guys on guitar doing bluegrass and folk music.

We used the pool and hot tub, and while the hot tub was a little warm, it was certainly in excellent shape and was clean; as was the pool. All in all, this is a great place to stay and we will be using the hotel on every trip to North Carolina we make.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family