$104
$97
HIExpress.com
$54
$53
Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
$81
$51
Budget Inn(Christiansburg)
$55
$45
The Oaks Victorian Inn(Christiansburg)
$199
$169
All reviewsfront deskking suitevirginia techroom was cleantraveling southnext morningnice hotelthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolwaffleshotel is locatedhot breakfastconvenient locationstaff was very friendlynice stayovernight stopcracker barrel
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed last night, and was a pretty average evening. I don't exactly agree with the $114 a night it costs although the military discount did help somewhat. I was a little insulted when checking in my Army Service Uniform (dress) and had to ask if there was a discount. After this the clerk asked me for proof through ID. Really - who guys out and buys an Army Dress Uniform gets a high and tight just to stay at a hotel in Christiansburg, VA? A little bit rediculous. Aside from this not much to note. The gym was OK, but would suggest you bring a rag to wipe down the equipment as there was no bleach water bottle or anything to wipe down the equipment when your done for sanitizing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Found the Fairfield Inn to be a good hotel for the money. Clean, generally comfortable, and staffed by friendly folks. Complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus.

Keep in mind that this is a Fairfield Inn, which Marriott describes as its “most affordable welcome on the road”. So don’t expect the amenities of a JW Marriott. You get what you pay for here; which is a decent room at a competitive price for the area.

This appears to be a fairly new hotel so I’m not sure what the prior comments about it being old and musty were all about. I found the facilities to be new/updated, clean, and appealing.

The breakfast area is somewhat small in relation to the demand. That is, there could be more tables and more room at the counters to accommodate times of peak demand. But the staff hustled to ensure that all food stations were stocked – smiling as they did it.

Hotel is just off of 81 so the area has a bit of a truck stop feel to it but the hotel is far enough from the highway that road noise is not an issue. Things did get a little loud on the floor Friday night as weekend revelers started to roll in; not sure if this is a recurring theme or just the wedding party that happened to be in town that weekend.

All things consider, this is a good hotel for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I went to this hotel with family. We rented three of their mini-suites.

The mini-suite consists of a TV room with a fold-out couch, a bedroom, and a bathroom. There is no wall/door between the TV room and the Bed room, so don't count on having any privacy if you have more than one person staying there. The rooms were bigger than most hotel rooms, the bed was comfy, the televisions were modern, and the room had both a min-fridge and a microwave.

The people that work there are friendly, but not particularly available. AFter about 10:00 at night, the front desk attendant hid behind a little wall screwing around on the internet, both nights of our stay.

There is an outdoor pool, which was closed in mid-april, as well as a hot tub.

The hotel furnishes a free continental breakfast with belgian waffles, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cereal, microwaveable biscuits, and coffee. I thought they did a pretty good job with the breakfast.

Okay, now onto my complaints.

1. My brother in law's door didn't work properly. The card keys didn't work in the door, which meant that either he or his girlfriend always had to be in the room, or risk having it broken into. The hotel wasn't able to fix this issue during our two days there, or furnish him with another room.

2. Staying over for two nights, we had to have our key cards reactivated 3 times. That's a little excessive, and irritating to boot.

3. They have really weak toilets. I stopped up the toilet with what I would say was a normal sized "movement," and had to go to the front desk to ask for help, which was embarassing enough. But the person at the front desk said that they had nobody to help with this, and that I would have to plunge it myself, and offered to give me a plunger to take up to my room.

I balked, and just let the toilet stay clogged up.

Look, I understand it's weird to expect someone to plunge a toilet that I stopped up, but at the same time, it would be embarassing to walk around the hotel with the plunger in hand, dripping filthy water all over the place where people walk barefoot to the pool.

Later on in the night, I saw a maintenance person walking around with a plunger, so I don't understand why they couldn't come plunge my toilet.

The place has it's good points, but it's a bit pricey to not have a maintenance person there to handle everyday issues.

I wouldn't choose that hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were on a long road trip and stopped in Christiansburg for a night of rest. We are always leery of getting a hotel without reservations or research while on the road, but were put at ease during check in. The man at check in was super friendly and accommodating to our late arrival. The room itself was very clean, and the bed was ok. It was a decent place to stay for one night - convenient location off of the highway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank schwen9
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights for Virginia Tech family weekend. It seems that most of the hotels have a mandatory 2 night stay for these special weekends. I have stayed in 4 different hotels in the area. This is definitely the farthest one from the campus that I have stayed in. It is not too big of a deal though. I have stayed in the Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and this one. I would say that the Hampton so far is my favorite, followed by the Fairfield, and a tie with the Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn. The big advantage the latter 2 have going for them is location but you will definitely be paying for it on these special weekends. I found the hotel to be clean, beds were comfortable but seemed low to the ground. The only thing I didn't care for in the room is that the bathroom had an industrial cleaner smell to it. The hotel included a continental breakfast. This included make your own waffles, microwave your own jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches, cereals, yogurts,muffins,bagels, juice, coffee. They kept things well stocked. I would certainly recommend a stay at this hotel. We were comfortable for our short stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family