Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
$122
$110
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$99
$54
QualityInn
$47
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
$67
ComfortInn
$90
$93
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$119
The Oaks Victorian Inn(Christiansburg)
$199
$169
All reviewswindow seatno frillsrooms are smallroom was cleanbagelsqueen suitevirginia techcontinental breakfastbudget hotelvalue for the moneyquick tripnothing fancybooked this hotelgreat pricean overnight staycoffee makerstaff was friendly
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We decided to check out the Microtel on a recent trip. With a name like "micro" I was thinking small, so I went in expecting that. What I did not expect was the lack of decor (mirrored wall behind the bed), the strange TV placement (on top of a tall built in) and the lack of furniture. The bed was very poor quality, the AC did not work propperly and our unit was less than clean. The saying "you get what you pay for" is definately true in this case. When we checked in to a Days Inn the next night the difference was like night and day. That's right I said Days Inn. Based on the experience we had we won't be staying at this chain again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here as a stop over point on our way down South with our family of two teenage boys. Upon check in late at night, we were standing behind a couple who were giving a sob story about how they didn't realize the hotel didn't accept pets and they had a reservation there for a week and they had their pit bull with them. They said it was too late to go anywhere else and after only a few minutes debate, the front desk clerk allowed them to stay. WHAT!!!!!! You will note on the hotels website that they do not allow pets. Not true.

Since it was late at night, I was too tired to argue with the desk staff and waited until the morning until we went to check out. I told the woman at the desk of the situation last night and was extremely upset that they allowed pets to be in the hotel after we specifically chose this hotel as it was advertised as not allowing pets. The response from the front desk clerk was, "I wasn't here last night, so I don't know. I'll have to check into it." I said, well, I am not happy that you allowed pets here and you advertised you didn't. She said nothing else and when I asked to speak to a Manager, none was on duty. That was the end of it, and we left.

Overall, the hotel is a Microtel, seemed clean, but beds were horribly hard and very basic. i would not recommend this hotel to others, especially if you have allergies to pet hair as they clearly allow them!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you are allergic to animals
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

When I began my relocation to the Christiansburg area at the end of March of 2010 I was thrilled to find the Microtel Inn in Christiansburg, VA. It was an excellent value for the money, with weekly rates. It was my home, during the week, until June. I had the pleasure of getting to know the hotel staff. Ruby, at the front desk, did an awesome job of keeping the breakfast area very well organized and clean. Checking out with her was always very fast! I am very appreciative for the hotel and the staff for their friendliness and helpfulness.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights because we got a great deal on Kayak. It was not that great. The room was clean but VERY SMALL! THe beds were HARD AS ROCKS! The continental breakfast was a carb fest and not much variety. They has cereal, donuts, danishes, bagels and juice. No fruit or anything healthy. The front desk staff was pleasant. Free HIgh speed internet did not work well at all! Overall- not bad for one night if you don't mind a hard bed with bad breakfast. But it was cheap- 47 dollars per night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Once you find the large white building off the beaten path, one finds very clean, friendly and basic needs! 20" old fashion tv, basic bedding, furniture and decorations. The cost reflects, "what you pay is what you get". would stay again, for that simple fact.

Room Tip: call direct to hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo