“A good hotel, but not quite as good as other Hamptons”

Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“A good hotel, but not quite as good as other Hamptons”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Highs:

Myself and my fiancee stopped here for a night on December 22nd and were greeted by an extremely friend duty manager at the front desk. Our room met the typical clean and comfortable standards we've come to expect of Hampton, but the decor was a little dated. Very easy on/off access from I-81.

Lows:

While the bed was very comfortable, the pillows were probably the worst I've encountered in any hotel. There was a card on the bed saying that we had been provided with both "soft" and "firm" pillows, however the pillows we were provided were seemingly "soft" and "extremely soft". If we hadn't been coming in late and leaving early I probably would have visited the front desk to see if they had any "firm" pillows.

While the breakfast was pretty good, it was not as good as breakfast at most Hamptons, with only two hot options (used to at least three or four) and a fresh fruit salad that had gone off, two cereal options (not much variety) and a few pastries, it was something I'd expect at a lower quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The beds were extremely comfortable. Pool is outside and closed for the winter. Good breakfast selection.

The only negative is it is its location. From I-81, you take an expressway about 4 miles. The hotel is off this smaller expressway. Not really sure if we would have found it without GPS. It is near restaurants and shoppping, and is across the street from the DMV, but not near anything people would want to see.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin R
gate city
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The room was large,well furnished and very clean. The staff was very friendly and very helpful . The hotel was real convenient to I-81. This hotel was one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed at .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonCburgMgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! Its a pleasure to share such nice comments with our staff. If you find yourself in our area again, we'd be glad to have you back with us. Best wishes for safe travels,

Cary
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I never thought a the bed in an INN can be as good or better than a 5 star hotel!I stayed in Westin,Hilton & Hyatt during my excursion in America.Our colleague in Hubbell booked us a place here.The moment I laid on the bed,i just couldnt believe the comfy feeling of the bed.I was so suprised that they have gd collection of clean bedlinen and this amazed me as I normally do not bother to see what's on sale from the hotel.I couldnt forget Hampton INN because of this good & unexpected cleanliness and comfy BED.In fact,is more comfy than the Westin bed in SF!This is my personal opinion.I am considering to purchase a set of the bedlinen.I am now back to my country & should have bought a set when staying there.Keep up the good work & service:)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ireneang8222
Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The hotel is located in a good location convenient to highways (although not directly located on one), restaurants, and shopping. The room and the bathroom were large and well appointed. The only issue we had was that the mini-fridge did not seem to work. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Typical well run Hampton Inn
Comfortable beds and rooms.
Fast Wireless internet
Wide screen TV, but no HD channels. I was a bit disappointed because we've experienced this at the last two hotels.
Great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Clean, spacious rooms and a good breakfast. Convenient to restaurants. A bit far from the interstate if you're travelling through, but worth the extra driving.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
#3 of 10 in Blacksburg

Been to Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!