“Nice, Clean, Breakfast needs help”

Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mechanicsville,VA, United States
“Nice, Clean, Breakfast needs help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Clean, nice Hotel. nice rooms. Nice people, breakfast food could be better. Went to visit our son at Virginia Tech and go to a game. Hotel was close to a lot of stuff.Close to campus as well and the interstate. The food at breakfast was strange. The eggs didn't seem real. and the second day there was no bacon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Farmville, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I always have a wonderful stay at this hotel! Perfect for traveling with a pet! The room is always clean, it is close to VT and lots of great shopping and restaurants. The staff is amazing and always make me feel welcome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful stay. Very clean and quiet hotel, and incredibly accommodating staff. The beds were comfortable and the hot breakfast was good. I will gladly stay at this hotel again if I ever have reason to return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

morgantown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Hampton is my choice when visiting Blacksburg on business trips and when visiting my son-a student at Virginia Tech. It is close enough to Blacksburg, plenty of shopping nearby, and a nice well-run hotel. Not that we have tried all of the hotels in the area but this one is an easy one with the standard Hilton/Hampton atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton diamond member, so I stay in these hotels pretty often. I must say I am very pleased with this hotel. When booking this room, I requested a room on the first floor, and they were able to get that for me. When I checked in, Kathleen and Andrew at the front desk were very friendly. They made me feel at home and were very helpful. Kathleen helped me out with getting to know the area with shopping/dinner recomendations . She ended up sending me to a sushi place in walking distance, and I really enjoyed it. Next time I am in town , I look forward to staying again at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Ellicott City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My sister and I were traveling to Asheville, NC and chose this location for our overnight stay because it's halfway between home and our destination. We didn't arrive until 10:30 pm, and we cordially greeted and very quickly finished with registration so that we could get some sleep. The room was quiet, and all that we needed to refresh ourselves for the next day's adventure on the road!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This past weekend we stayed at the Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the service was great. The front desk clerks were very helpful and very nice. Imagine that when my husband stopped by at night to get a cookie (they have courtesy cookies at the reception for most of the day) and they were out of cookies, she offered to make more cookies and even take it to our room! Breakfast was also very good. Although every day is a different menu, you will find enough items to satisfy even the picky eaters. On the days we stayed they offered: Waffles, bacon, biscuits and gravy, French Toast, potatoes, Southwest omelet, hard boiled eggs, cereals, pastries, yogurts, bagels, muffins, English muffins, wheat bread, fruit salad, apples, bananas, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, tea. And they also offer brown bags breakfast for the people who don’t have the time to eat in the cafeteria. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and if I go back to the area is where I would choose to stay, again.

Room Tip: Far from the elevators.