“Immaculate, convenient location.”

Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I always stay in a Hampton Inn any time we need an overnight stay during road trips. I must say this was the nicest, cleanest one so far. Great bed & pillows (as always), a washer and dryer for public use and ice on every floor. We had our breakfast out on the lovely large covered patio that is out by the pool next to a separate fitness room.
We will be back when when we head home to FL.

Room Tip: no smoking- high floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Reviewed June 24, 2011

After driving 700 miles with two dogs and being stuck in traffic for over an hour, it was a delight to walk into the lobby of the Hampton Inn in Christiansburg, VA. My husband and I were greeted by R.T., the informative, enthusiastic and quite friendly front desk clerk. the elevators were clean, the hallway carpet was new and the ice and vending area was tidy and well stocked. Our room was perfectly cleaned and spacious. The linens were crisp and showed no wear and the towels were soft and cleverly presented. The breakfast area was very clean and had a wide selection of cold and hot foods and had a container of wrapped apples to take with us. There is a large grassy area behind the hotel with benches so we could let our dogs run around.
The price was very reasonable, and I only wish that we could expect to find this same experience every time we stopped. An extra bonus was being able to walk to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Location is approximately 4 miles off I-81. Area around hotel is quite nice with restaurants and shopping. Hotel is being remodeled and will be nicer than it is already. Free continental breakfast was clean, thorough and well presented. Odd that to reach the fitness center one had to walk outside. Rooms were quiet so rest was plentiful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Not much to say other than a nice clean hotel in a great location. Would definitely visit again as I travel to see my niece often at Virginia Tech.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stay at this hotel often to visit my daughter who attends a nearby university. This hotel is consistently excellent in all they do. Currently they are under renovation in the lobby area, however it had little impact on our visit. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and the staff very friendly. Being in the hospitality business myself, I recognize the fact this hotel continues to strive to deliver great service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here on Christmas Eve on our drive to visit family for the holiday. It's not directly off of i-81, but it is extremely easy to get to. We were greeted by a very friendly clerk at the front desk and got checked in and settled for the night.

My only complaint --- In the morning we woke up to 2 inches of snow at 3:30a. I had run down to the car to pull it up to the loading area in front of the main entrance and there was nobody at the front desk but a guy was sitting on the sofa in the lounge area watching tv. I grabbed a cart to take back to our room so we could haul everything to the car and it turned out the guy lounging got up and he was the morning desk clerk. As my husband was loading the car, I mentioned coffee and he said there was some there from the night before. I made slight mention of maybe making some hot cocoa if the water was hot. I went back out to help my husband load the car then came back in 15 mins later to get my receipt and check for hot water -- there was none. Of course, then the desk clerk offers to make hot water --- this is 20 mins later!? We needed to hit the road. If he weren't so busy watching tv on the sofa and half away, perhaps he would have had the foresight to make the coffee or hot water for us while we were cleaning snow off of our car and loading up.

Nothing was open on Christmas day at 430a for us to get a cup of coffee. Other than this, it was a great stay and we'd likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Highs:

Myself and my fiancee stopped here for a night on December 22nd and were greeted by an extremely friend duty manager at the front desk. Our room met the typical clean and comfortable standards we've come to expect of Hampton, but the decor was a little dated. Very easy on/off access from I-81.

Lows:

While the bed was very comfortable, the pillows were probably the worst I've encountered in any hotel. There was a card on the bed saying that we had been provided with both "soft" and "firm" pillows, however the pillows we were provided were seemingly "soft" and "extremely soft". If we hadn't been coming in late and leaving early I probably would have visited the front desk to see if they had any "firm" pillows.

While the breakfast was pretty good, it was not as good as breakfast at most Hamptons, with only two hot options (used to at least three or four) and a fresh fruit salad that had gone off, two cereal options (not much variety) and a few pastries, it was something I'd expect at a lower quality hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!