“Customer Services was the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg

Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Danville, Virginia
“Customer Services was the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

At a job I have a few years back I travel alot. I was gone about 20 weeks out of a year. I have stayed in all kind of Hotels. Five stars to no stars. From the time I walked in to this Holiday Inn til the time I left I felt welcome. Staff like this is something you cann't teach it is the people that works here. It was easy to notice how clean the hotel was.Rooms was big. The bed was very comfortable. I would pick this hotel over the other 100+ that I have stayed in. All around this is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sambowl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

As I entered the hotel I noticed how clean the hotel smelled. The lobby was fresh and clean. The front desk attendant greeted me immediately. The check-in process was quick and friendly. Our room was large and again, clean. The bathroom was also very large, with a walk in shower (no tub). The only problem I had with the size of the bathroom was that the toilet was placed too far from where the toilet paper dispenser was located. It was awkward getting the toilet paper off the roll. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room had a large flat screen tv and an mp3 player for our Ipod. They had a complimentary breakfast, as well as a breakfast buffet that costs $8.95. They are located in the same place, so it could get confusing. The complimentary breakfast was ok for a free breakfast. They had several dry cereals, some small danishes and muffins, bagels, apples, bananas, juice, coffee, and milk. No yogurt, and nothing hot (except the bagels, if you toast them). It was adequate for our needs. But I wouldn't waste my money on the breakfast buffet. It only had a few hot items in the steamer pans. All in all, we would definitely stay here again the next time we have to go to Tech.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TempleMom16
Williamsburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Got this for one night on Hotwire for $60. So for the price it was great. At normal price, I would still pick Springhill Suites or the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden inn. No complaints, room was big, bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Bath towels not as big or as thick as other comparable places, but still better than a Fairfield. Morning coffee not great, but oh we'll.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vamel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear vamel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the cleanliness of your room. We apologize you were not satisfied with the bath towels you received and our morning coffee fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stay here when we attend swim meets at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center. It is very convenient to the pool. Very new and clean hotel with a modern feel. Staff was very nice and helpful. Right across the street from the mall / movies so lots to do on our downtime. Really pleased with the cleanliness, quietness, and comfort of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wavybeach
Purcellville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at the "New" Holiday Inn in Christiansburg, VA. Absolutely perfect. Staff and check in was effortless. Lobby a bit art deco but our room was grand. Well stocked, bathroom impeccably clean, linens fresh and bed very comfortable. Did not partake of breakfast but was extremely pleased with our one night stay.

Room Tip: Used military rate. Best value and not disappointed with room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cfischer41
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped for a night and it is a new hotel. Completely non-smoking. Very comfortable and staff was friendly. The complimentary breakfast was a little sparse without any hot items. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marion, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Recently stayed there, I am returning to the area for an extended stay and booking more reservations for my co-workers it will not be there. Coffee terrible, service horrible and they overcharged me after the fact.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kelli R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Kelli R,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I apologize that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done in the future.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg
3.5 of 5 stars 213 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christ...
#3 of 14 in Christiansburg
4.5 of 5 stars 81 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!