“good stay”

Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights (thursday-saturday) in February and it was pleasant. I had reserved suite with one king bed but ended up with a 2 queen bed suite w/ pull out sofa which worked out well since my husband and son joined us later. The suite was actually one large room NOT at room with one bedroom and living area. The queen beds felt more like a double bed.( I sleep on a queen bed at home). The room was clean and the place looked new.
The front desk was very helpful and polite. Housekeeping was quick when I called for extra towels.
Slight miscommunication was the breakfast deal which was part of the package we paid. The first morning, my daugghter and I ate breakfast, no one asked us for coupon and we paid nothing. The next morning when my husband and my son joined us, they asked for the coupon and told us the buffet does not cover everything and we would have to pay the difference so we told her that is was fine. No big deal because the buffet for adults were $9.90 each and kids ate for free. The catch was it only covered up to $20.00 and we had to pay the difference with tax which ended up being somewhere around $2.70. I don't know if they provided any other breakfast other than the buffet. I guess I shouldn't assume that breakfast for 2 adults mean that it covers everything. The coupon they gave me did not state the cost...just breakfast for 2.
Overall, the stay was pleasant. I would stay here again but maybe not do the breakfast. It was alright..there are plenty of places to eat within blocks.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trixgirl

Reviewed January 18, 2012

The hotel front desk staff was spectacular, my wife and 4 kids and I were moving into the area and waiting to close on a house that we bought. When things got delayed they were able to accommodate us to all the changes we were going through, plus they lent us an encouraging ear to listen to us. Plus the fact that this hotel is brand new and kept up in a sparkling manor. Rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn to anybody.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad M
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Could have not been treated any better at the "Waldorf". The facility was great and the staff was outstanding. Hotel clerk noticed we took or room towels to the pool and immediately brought us another set. From Kandayce, Sara, Michael, and the General Manager they were all wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hardy W
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here via Hotwire sO didn't choose it. The front desk person was remarkably friendly and upgraded our room upon learning that we were Priority Club members. The room was spacious, neat, and clean, but didn't smell like cleaning chemicals or perfumes either. Bed was very comfortable and tv reception was clear. Would stay again if the price is good.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jillrobin23
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This new place was simply spectacular. They took care of me with my special request of being on the top floor and away from elevator. Very comfortable, cozy room. Air conditioner worked in DECEMBER!! Crazy I know, but I love a cold room and many places struggle with this out of summer. This was super. Terrific breakfast, wonderful staff. Just a gem. Wish I had more reasons to travel to Blacksburg!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay opposite of the steakhouse. Loud garbage collection in early am.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed Thanksgiving night with my family - the lobby was very inviting, the rooms were comfy and the service very friendly and helpful! We left a pair of goggles near the pool and ipod ear buds lost in the room - we came back 6 hrs later after hiking to see if we could recover them, and the staff was extremely helpful to allow us to look in the room - and we found both with their help! By the way, this the first "green" indoor salt water pool I have found in my travels and it gets an A+ for "coolness" with the kids. Libby was a gem to work with. I recommned this proprty to all passing through this area. Besides, many restaurants and shops are walking distance from the hotel. Great job HI!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
libby m, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your great experiences; this helps travelers choose great hotels that guests love! Maybe we can make this a tradition and you can stay with us every Thanksgiving!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I booked this hotel online months in advance without knowing that it wasn't even built yet! It was beautifully decorated and lovely knowing that everything was brand new. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location couldn't have been more convenient to Virginia Tech. It's surrounded by shopping and restaurants but we ate dinner in the restaurant so that we could watch the VT football game. GO HOKIES!! The restaurant staff was wonderful, food was excellent and VERY reasonablly priced. I have already booked our stay here for the spring family weekend. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
libby m, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Colleen, We are looking forward to seeing you back from the Spring Game. Thank you for your wonderful comments as we hope to exceed your expectations again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!