New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Shippensburg
“OUSTANDING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

This new place was simply spectacular. They took care of me with my special request of being on the top floor and away from elevator. Very comfortable, cozy room. Air conditioner worked in DECEMBER!! Crazy I know, but I love a cold room and many places struggle with this out of summer. This was super. Terrific breakfast, wonderful staff. Just a gem. Wish I had more reasons to travel to Blacksburg!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay opposite of the steakhouse. Loud garbage collection in early am.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Carneys Point, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed Thanksgiving night with my family - the lobby was very inviting, the rooms were comfy and the service very friendly and helpful! We left a pair of goggles near the pool and ipod ear buds lost in the room - we came back 6 hrs later after hiking to see if we could recover them, and the staff was extremely helpful to allow us to look in the room - and we found both with their help! By the way, this the first "green" indoor salt water pool I have found in my travels and it gets an A+ for "coolness" with the kids. Libby was a gem to work with. I recommned this proprty to all passing through this area. Besides, many restaurants and shops are walking distance from the hotel. Great job HI!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
libby m, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experiences; this helps travelers choose great hotels that guests love! Maybe we can make this a tradition and you can stay with us every Thanksgiving!
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I booked this hotel online months in advance without knowing that it wasn't even built yet! It was beautifully decorated and lovely knowing that everything was brand new. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location couldn't have been more convenient to Virginia Tech. It's surrounded by shopping and restaurants but we ate dinner in the restaurant so that we could watch the VT football game. GO HOKIES!! The restaurant staff was wonderful, food was excellent and VERY reasonablly priced. I have already booked our stay here for the spring family weekend. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
libby m, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Colleen, We are looking forward to seeing you back from the Spring Game. Thank you for your wonderful comments as we hope to exceed your expectations again!
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed 2 nights while visiting a VT football game. Breakfast was average, and the room was expensive ( driven by game night). Very clean and nice interiors and spacious room. Breakfast was included but I got charged for it. Upon asking the front desk they reimbursed me in cash. For a short stay near campus, recommended

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comment! We are very close to Virginia Tech (2.6 miles rom VT Campus, in fact) making your trip easy to travel to the University without dealing with Blacksburg traffic. I am sorry for the duplicate breakfast charges as we tried to fix it as soon as we learned of our mistake. If you are a Priority Club Member, breakfast is on us! I hope you and your family will come stay with us again soon!
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Staff well trained for a new hotel, clean. I was sold a suite but wound up with a double queen. Left my wife's iPad, they found and are mailing it back. No complaints. I'd make sure to away from elevator if you're a light sleeper, bell's a little loud (I'm sure they'll figure it out soon.) beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Away from elevators.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ralph, Thank you for our FIRST Comment on Trip Advisor! This feedback is very important to us and thank you for trying out our new property. I hope when you travel back into the New River Valley, you will stay as our guest again.