“Ok but nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kabuki Japanese Steak House

Kabuki Japanese Steak House
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come for the show and Come Back for the food!Celebrating with the Family? Our expert chefs cook the highest quality ingredients while you watch at the table in the main dining room. If sushi is your preference, we have a sushi bar where you can watch our specially trained sushi chefs prepare all types of sushi. Prefer a quiet dinner for two? Sit in our lounge and bar next to our beautiful koi pond. You can enjoy our full menu regardless of what experience you choose for your dining adventure.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Ok but nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

My son graduated VT and after 4 years I have eaten here numerous times. I will agree that it is an ok stop when in the area. But for the price and having eaten at several japanese steak houses in my day this is nothing to write home about.

Radford, Virginia
“Very enjoyable meal! Few comments below.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I read the previous reviews as this was my first time and I was a bit apprehensive! Reception was welcoming and we were seated around this flat top griddle plate. Being tall it was rather tight in middle section. Would have been better to go on ends as there was more leg room. Good menu choice. I chose shrimp and steak combo. Meal includes soup, fried vegetables, fried rice all with fancy hand work on kitchen tools. The shrimp was not deveined which may explain why a previous patron got sick every time. I was very surprised that the shrimp were not totally cleaned and deveined as this could be a major health risk. The steak I asked medium rare and after slicing and cooking ended up well done. That was disappointing as I was very specific in wanting medium rare. My daughter got filet mignon and chicken. Hers was perfect. Overall it was a good meal. Chef did not speak Japanese! Meal for two with tip just over $53.00.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro
“Did not take my wife's vegetarian concerns seriously”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Prior to ordering my wife specified that she was a vegan and that she wouldn't eat anything cooked with meat. The waiter assured us that the vegan food never touched anywhere near the meat, so she committed to a $15 vegan meal.

The chef mumbled at her something about a shrimp allergy, and when she said that she wasn't allergic to shrimp, he did exactly what she didn't want: cooked her vegetables right next to the shrimp, so that the meat juices were touching, thus ruining her meal.

I know, it's picky, but people that are vegetarians for moral reasons are picky, and they told us that they would be sensitive to it.

I had the Scallops and Chicken. Both were decent, but neither exactly blew me away.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not as good as we remembered.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We have eaten at Kabuki many times in the past (between 2007-09), but when we went back this weekend, it was not as we remembered. The service was terribly slow. It took us at least 45 minutes to be seated (we were quoted a 25 minute wait). Once we were seated it took at least another 20 until our chef came around. The food was just okay - the chef overcooked our meals. Was overall unimpressed with the restaurant, perhaps it's under new management? All in all - make a reservation and hope for a better chef.

Visited February 2012
Virginia
“Always sends me to the bathroom!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Yuck! I don't know if it is just me--because I have friends who love this place--but I have never been to Kabuki that I didn't end up in the bathroom. Maybe there is a spice that disagrees with me?