“Good Mexican food; excellent salsa bar”
Review of Alejandro's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Alejandro's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Mexican food; excellent salsa bar”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

A highlight here is the salsa bar where you can pick from more than a dozen different salsas from very mild pico de gallo to the very hottest red salsa.

Lots of room in this restaurant and it looks like it would be a fun place to watch sports as they have many flat screen TVs along the walls. Tables are very long, so it would be a good place for a group of folks to go together.

It's in a mostly vacant strip mall just west of 460 behind the McDonalds so you might not see it from the road easily. But it's worth finding.

• Visited September 2011

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Authentic Mexican and awesome free fresh salsa bar”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

All of my family enjoys the food, salsa and dining experience at Alejandro's. The staff is good and ordered food arrives quickly, although the wait never seems long anyhow as we dip fresh made tortilla chips in our favorite fresh salsas, Many appetizing dishes for omnivores and vegetarians in our family. I tried a margarita and it seemed a little weak. there is a full bar and often there are national and international football (soccer) games on large monitors around the restaurant

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank ahmni
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very happy with good food and service at Alejandro's”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Had a great late-night meal at Alejandro’s. They have this salsa bar where you can go up and pick out all sorts of salsas for your chips they leave for you at the table. All was fresh, home-made and really good.

Food came FAST and was very good. Had the carnitas-very tender and flavorful. Portions are very generous.

Staff is very friendly. Even gave us the recipe for one of the salsas we liked.

Alejandro’s is a big place, so would be good for a big group of people. They are also set up for watching Soccer, so if you are a fan, this would be a great place to go.

• Visited March 2011
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Our food tasted as if it were prepared by a vegan, rawfood enthusiast who is terrified of hot surfaces"”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Alejandro's use to be a "sneaky good" place to eat that would exceed the customers expectations. It's location on N. Franklin and Cambria in Christiansburg, Va, behind a McDonalds and next to a creepy Dollar General Store; made it an unlikely impulse stop. The brave, were rewarded with good food, great service and a cool salsa bar.

So let me say it again; The service WAS great, the food WAS fresh, hot and tasty, the atmosphere a bit industrial, but still not bad. The place is huge.

So proud of this little gem was I that I would talk my friends into driving from Bburg out to Cburg to visit for dinner.

My last two vists have resulted in me being heckled by my friend's for suggesting such a thing. The quality of the food has plummeted. The service is nonexistent (we waited about 45 minutes for our food.) The waitstaff was great with refills on drinks etc.. however; when our food finally did arrive, it was cold and in one case uncooked. Actually the peppers on two of the dishes had grill marks on them, but felt as if they had just came from the refrigerator. This has happened on three different occasions, on both the lunch and dinner shifts, over a one month period (September - October 2010).

I could, I guess, write a highly technical review listing all of the deficiencies and negative changes we've experienced over the last month, but I would rather just go someplace else to eat. It pains me to say this but, you should too (eat someplace else)

Alejandro's has gone to the dogs...

Roanoke, Virginia
“Got to try the salsa bar and cheese dip”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

What a great concept -- that is a FRESH salsa bar. The cheese dip is exquisite. Have eaten there several times, no dish has been anything less than delicious. We have always been there during the middle of the day and have never experienced the evening atmosphere. It is a very laid back dining experience and is very roomy and open, especially for a large group of friends.