“Traveling Thru”

Due South Pit Cooked BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Traveling Thru”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We met our son and daughter-in-law halfway between our home in TN and theirs in VA to pick up our granddaughter and Christiansburg was the closest town. Our son got online to find a good restaurant to eat at and this bbq came highly recommended and for good reason. It was excellent. All sides tried including fried green tomatoes, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, hush puppies (yum), etc., were excellent. We tried different sauces and were pleased with all. We look forward to meeting again there Labor Day weekend for a second meal.

• Visited August 2014

“Comfort food at its best”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Weeknight stop while traveling on business and Due South was exactly what I needed! I have strong NC BBQ roots so my BBQ preference is vinegar based, but I know my way around a well smoked pig. The moment I stepped out of the car I knew I was in the right place. Service was super friendly, so glad she steered me towards the fried green tomatoes. BBQ was smoky and moist, portions generous, and I really enjoyed sampling the five house made sauces. I hope I find myself back in this neck of the woods. Would definitely eat here again, and next time save room for dessert.

Visited August 2014
Davidson, North Carolina
“Best Smoked BBQ”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Terrific pulled pork BBQ! Perfectly smoked and moist before adding any sauces. Stopped as we were traveling south on I-81. Great sides-- baked beans, slaw and hush puppies. The banana pudding was much like my grandmother made. All fresh food and friendly atmosphere. A+. !!!!

• Visited August 2014
Virginia
“Awesome pulled pork & sides”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Tuesday is all you can eat pulled pork, and it's awesome. The beans & sweet potato casserole are tremendous. We've been here twice & there was live music both times, which was cool. They can't seat too many inside, but the atmosphere is really fun. Try it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank professorroyhinkley
Urbana, Maryland
“Good Food and Music”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went on a weeknight and there was barely a parking space in the lot. The parking lot is very small so be prepared that you might not find a space quickly. This restaurant isn't anything grand. It is simple and basic. The tables not always as clean as they could be. You order your food at the register and then find a table. A twosome were performing country music so the inside was a little loud. We opted for the one free table (of three) on the side porch. You are given a number and your food is brought to the table. You are responsible for picking up your sauces, We ordered pulled pork and brisket sandwiches. Sides selected included the green beans, mac n cheese, beans, fries, and cole slaw. These were all excellent. The meals included Hush Puppies. The food was very good. I suggest that you try a little bit of each of the sauces to pick the one you like best. These are not the run of the mill bottled bbq sauce but sauces made on site that are excellent. The meat was very good. One of the servings of the brisket had a couple of fatty pieces but otherwise the portion was fine and were good sized. The hush puppies were left in the fryer a tad long but were delicious in taste except for being slightly too crunchy. All in all a very nice meal with good music in the background and friendly staff. Nothing fancy just good down home food.

• Visited July 2014