“Good 'cue”

Due South Pit Cooked BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a very casual restaurant where you order then take a seat. The BBQ was very good, moist and tender and they have numerous sauces which were tasty. Their website stated that there was live music on the night that we went and there was not, so if the music is important just call prior to confirm.

There are newer reviews for Due South Pit Cooked BBQ

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a small very informal place, that has a few tables and that serves a ton of takeout. As a bonus, a trio of country/bluegrass musicians were playing during our visit, and they were very good, experienced people.

The menu is short: mainly ribs, chicken, pulled pork and brisket, with many sides and an assortment of desserts. We enjoyed our dinner immensely.

The service was cheerful and the staff are willing to chat.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with two sides last night. The BBQ wasn't the best meat. Parts of bone and grissle made about a quarter of the meat unappealing to me. The hush puppies were cold and hard. The baked beans lacked flavor. I could have eaten beans from a can that tasted better. The lady at the register was friendly and checked on everyone, but the quality of the food was poor.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stopped while passing through and the hotel desk clerk sent us here. Excellent choice. I had the chicken and had no need of sauce. It was delicious, tender, moist, smoky, and slam full of flavor. My wife had the pulled pork and liked it very much, and my son went crazy over the ribs. Sides were ok, but they're seldom the focus in a BBQ place.

Small place, not a lot of seating. There is a constant parade of people coming in for take out orders, so clearly the locals like it. Order and pay at counter.

There was live music the night we stopped in. Guitar & Dobro.

Extra napkins please.

Also, was delighted to see that they were composting. Read the rules before tossing your plate.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

First of may times I will go! I have lived in area and have never stop. I have been missing out. Its different kind of place.