“Nice restaurant in interesting setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Farmhouse

The Farmhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are opening soon! Please stay tuned for more updates!
Maryland
“Nice restaurant in interesting setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant is in an old farmhouse. My son loved the setting. The food was very good and the service was attentive. I was hesitant to go there but I am glad we did.

Virginia
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been here for for multiple holiday dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and each time I walk away with the same feeling: This is overrated

There are times where other restaurants in Christiansburg are so crowded and this is a good option that others may overlook but it is overlooked for a reason. I dont think we have had a meal here that we were really impressed by or felt that we could not get anywhere else.

• Visited May 2012
Annapolis, MD
“Odd Experience; Odd Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We made reservations and we were asked if a booth was OK. Well, we had never been there, so it seemed like it should be fine, but it was a very dark wood booth with high walls in a hallway. There were table next to ours, but you couldn't see the people, which isn't necessary bad, but it felt odd. Also, the waiter couldn't see us unless he walked right up to our table so he never had any idea when we needed refills or were finished with our meal. The restaurant is in an old building with many hallways, so finding the restroom was interesting. There was no one at the front when we entered, so once again, we had to wander around to find the right person so we could be seated. Then there is the food. Mainly it's a steak house and we were all interested in such. However the steak was not seasoned, the vegetables were over cooked and the potatoes were wrapped in foil. (not bad, per se, but a sign that it's not an upscale place) and our NY strips were $28. Sorry, way too much for that type of food at that type of restuarant. I gave it 3 stars because the quality of the meat was good, the french fries were good (so says the kids), the waiter was nice and tried. We won't be back, though.

Ashburn, Virginia
“Very unusual restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place has its tables in what used to be horse stalls. So, most every table is in effect in a small private room. The food was terrific. Service was excellent -- very attentive. A little pricey. I had the ribs which were great. One dinner companion had prime rib. She said the taste was great but it had quite a lot of fat on it. Their French Onion soup is a speciality and very good. Their on-line menu doesn't have prices listed, but expect to pay high $20s to mid-30s for a main course. Appetizers were reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Good Local Crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My co-worker and I stopped in for a couple of cold beers after our first night in town. It's down a side street next to the recreation center. It was karaoke night so there was a decent draw of folks and a lot of fun. My only regret is that we didn't stay to eat - everyone said the food was locally produced and terrific! Grrr... NEXT TIME! Oh, and one thing we thought was odd... It was a Friday night karaoke thing, so they wanted a $3 cover charge. I told the guy we just wanted a beer @ the bar and he let us stay w/out the cover charge but I felt rushed.