“We had a great experience.”
Review of The Farmhouse

The Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Farmhouse is proud to return to the New River Valley under new ownership and management. The Farmhouse is a higher-end casual dining restaurant that features Certified Angus Beef steaks and Fresh Premium Seafood. The Farmhouse features several different types of seating: private booths in the restaurant, a full lounge and bar with an extensive selection of beer, wine, and spirits, as well as a brand new courtyard outside. A portion of the courtyard is enclosed and heated during the winter time so drinking and dining is available outdoors year round! Our Banquet Hall and Private spaces are equipped to accommodate anything from small business meetings and family gatherings to full scale wedding receptions, rehearsals, and graduations. Come join us here at The Farmhouse where we are so much more than just a restaurant!
Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, we had a rather unique situation. We arranged to have a luncheon from 12 to 2 (they happily open for lunch for parties of 20 or more). There was no room charge for under 2 hours. Wonderful room set-up with tablecloths, floral centerpieces, a cake table, etc. We were able to choose from any 2 entrees on their luncheon menu, and they offered a kid's menu as well. For $12.95 we each received a very large, tasty grilled sirloin with red potatoes, and a medley of vegetables. Included was a large salad, great rolls and drink of choice (coffee, tea, soda). We had 2 waitresses who kept us very happy. The wait on the food was very short & the food was hot and very good. We have absolutely no complaints, & the staff was courteous and gracious. Even cut & served the cake we brought in and took a group photo for us. My husband and I have been several times for dinner and have loved our food & service. The onion rings are the best, and the scallops I had several years back were wonderful.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Atmosphere and food are outstanding. This is a definite stop any time we are in the area. You just cannot beat the steaks.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

You never know what you are going to get here. I have had good service and fairly decent meals...then you go next time and its terrible. I assume they have different chefs working and of course you get different wait staff. Steaks can be wonderful then next time over cooked and so fatty you can't eat them. Food is priced higher than average so when you go you really do expect better. I would not recommend this place its pricey and hit and miss.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the Farmhouse with two friends (a party of 4) last evening. Total bill with tip was over $100. Appetizer was fried onion rings and they were the toughest onion rings I have ever had. They were also flavorless and tough. The entree arrived lukewarm. Very disappointing for a $100 dinner. We won't be back. All members of our party were highly disappointed in the quality of the food. However, on a positive note the service was good.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

After hearing about the Farmhouse for years, I was excited to go there for my in-law's 40th wedding anniversary. We reserved the caboose area, and immediately upon entering, I noticed that there seemed to be a problem with the air conditioning. It seemed hot when you stood up, and cold when you were seated. I assumed the air conditioner was not functioning properly due to the recent wave of 100+ degree temperatures our region had experienced, and decided we could make do with the strange temperature disparities. Our waitress was a little loud, but very friendly, and we were served quickly. Unfortunately, during our meal, several ants and a spider were climbing around over our heads, and across the table. Not exactly what you expect, even in a "rustic" atmosphere. My chicken teriyaki was good, but nothing special, especially for the over $16 price that I paid for it. My sister in law ordered medium prime rib, and it came out well done. She sent it back, and the second one also came out completely charred. She was only able to eat her baked potato. My kids enjoyed their plates of chicken tenders, and my husband had a chicken dish. All in all, the food was nothing special, the dining area wasn't clean enough, and for over $65 for four people, I certainly have no immediate desire to return.