“Check It Out, ... Give It A Try!”

Crab Creek Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Entrees individually prepared in a casual atmosphere. Now open at 4 on Wednesday thru Saturday. Call us at 4 to place your take out order and pick it up at 5 in our new Take Away Department. Everything on the menu (except alcohol) is available for Takeout.
San Antonio, Texas
“Check It Out, ... Give It A Try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try despite the few reviews it received. We were NOT disappointed. Okay, first of all, we gave it a 2 rating for atmosphere because as you first walk in the decor is plain and you can smell the frying oil from the kitchen. But DON'T leave, ... you are in for some really good seafood.

We visited Crab Creek on a thursday night when it is 2 lb crab legs night. This is a must- they were very delicious! We also ordered a combination fried seafood platter with shrimp, cod fish and scallops. One of the more interesting things about the restaurant is that you get a basket of fries and hush puppies on your table when you first arrive. It was a nice change of pace instead of just bread or rolls. By the way- the hush puppies were very very good.

The wait staff was very courteous and attentive. The food is reasonably priced. We plan to visit Crab Creek again the next time we are back in the area.

Virginia
“GREAT PLACE TO EAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Crab Creek last thursday night because a friend told us it was good. We went and both got the crab legs. They were the special that night you got like 2 pounds! They served them in a giant bowl and they were huge! They were the best crab legs I have ever had!!!! The staff was nice and its a quiet simple place to eat great seafood. The menu looked like it had good choices on it and they give u free hushpuppies before the food comes!!!! We will definatley return!!!!

VA
“Qality seafood with a local atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

My wife and I eat at Crab Creek roughly two times a month because we enjoy the fresh seafood, wine and the people that work there. We're not big favorites of chain restaurant's that offer cheap food and fast service. I have and will continue to recommend Crab Creek.

marion, va.
“The best Seafood in Virginia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

We have been going to Crab Creek since the time that it opened, and if possible it gets better each time. It is a Saturday night tradition with my friends and family to do so since we 'discovered' it going on two years ago. We love it and the people there are very nice too. You feel like a part of their family being there. Thanks. Terry Hayden

Virginia
“an embarrassment of a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

Arrived at 6:35 on a Friday night. Was leery because of few cars in parking lot but read reviews and menu online. Greeted by a "seat yourself" sign and no one else. Of the 10 or so tables, 5 were taken and 5 were dirty. I mean, large containers of crab and shrimp shells, old beverages, and the like. We sat in what we thought was the only clean table, but realized the paper placemats had all been drawn on. (Apparently the family had not stayed for dinner, curiously...clue #1) A solitary menu was there to share.
After 15 minutes, the waiter greeted us and asked us for a drink order, two unsweetened iced teas. Simple. 10 minutes later, we received them and he took our order: an appetizer, two entrees and two dinner salads.
In these 25 minutes, we noted the tension among the diners was palpable. Very little "serving" was going on. Diners seemed to be at different stages of their dinners but all were waiting and appeared frustrated. The dirty tables remained untouched. No beverages were refilled. Very little dinner conversation was made. After 20 more minutes, two gentlemen moved from a back table to a front one, perhaps in an effort to be more noticeable and get better service. One leaned to the 20 something couple now next to them, inquiring "was there just a big crowd that left here? Is that why this place is like this?" She replied "actually, I've never seen so many people in here as there is right now." The ladies at the table to their other side, who had received their salads 25 min before and impatiently awaited for their bowls to be removed, agreed.
With that, I did something I have never had to do. Walk out after placing a dinner order. I pulled out money to cover our drinks and we walked out to enjoy a dinner at a chain restaurant. Predictable food? yes. Prompt, friendly service albeit a busy evening for them? yes. Left a 30% tip in my glee.
In total, for the 45 minutes I spent in this dump, all I got was iced tea. (I stayed so long only because of the wonderful company I was with.) There is no excuse for a pit like this. I expect an "out of business" sign out front very soon. Stay far, far away from this pathetic place. I can only imagine what condition the kitchen is in....

2 Thank risen_phoenix_in_VA