“a best kept secret”

Crab Creek Seafood Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Entrees individually prepared in a casual atmosphere. Now open at 4 on Wednesday thru Saturday. Call us at 4 to place your take out order and pick it up at 5 in our new Take Away Department. Everything on the menu (except alcohol) is available for Takeout.
Roanoke, Virginia
“a best kept secret”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

the best seafood for the price anywhere!!! it's a hole in the wall, but a gem. i'll always go back -- love it!!!

• Visited December 2013

Christiansburg, Virginia
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Ok...first visit...we had really not visited the Crab Creek Restaurant because the outside is in such poor shape we weren't sure they were still in business...but were told by a friend or two that there were so we decided to give it a try. 2/27/2014 It was cold outside and they have a small little gas fireplace in back so we thought wonderful...can get warm. Not so much...room was very cold and by the time we left we were frozen. Food: We were seated and our drinks orders taken quickly but we were only the 3rd person to be there. There was a lady over in corner having dinner. We ordered fried oysters as an appetizer. We were brought shoestring fries and 3 hush puppies in a plastic bowl. Oysters were good. Not sure what they bread them in...but it was tasty and they were cooked perfect. My husband order Salmon, Salad and Slaw...since he was going to eat the remaining fries in the plastic bowl. I ordered seafood feast which included Oysters, small piece of fried cod, breaded shrimp, and a crab cake...more shoe string fries. I did ask for baked potato instead of fries but waitress obvioulsly didn't write it down. The oysters are good. Cod had no flavor at all, same with shrimp...just lots of breading, the crab cake was really dry but when I put the mayo flavored with horseradish on it...was pretty good. We didn't order crab legs, I think they are suppose to be available on Thursdays 2lbs for 20.00 is advertised but wish we had tried them. My husband enjoys a beer with his seafood but from what I understand from another couple that came in as we were finishing up...its hit in miss what they will have available. They are out of a lot of things when you ask for it. They had she crab soup on menu but when I ask for it the waitress told me when they went to make it, the milk had turned bad so he didnt make it that day. Its definitely a quirky place, no atmosphere at all...I think if you stuck with grilled or broiled would be better...and if you like oysters ...prices are high...charging like they are operating a real fresh seafood place. If you are laid back person and can accept they may or may not have things on menu...you may be ok.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank lovethebeach82762
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great dinner for Valentine's Day.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I find the food at Crab Creek is excellent with very good service. The atmosphere is low key, comfortable,clean, and family friendly. My husband and I dine here often and have enjoyed every meal particularly the fine crab cakes and house cole slaw. Portions are just right for a satisfying and tasty meal. We will definitely be eating there again,

• Visited February 2014
“Nice chill casual place”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Love the fireplace... food is good.. decent portions.. fish is cooked perfectly every time and they have lots of wine by the bottle but not overpriced and beer options are good too. See if you can snag a Groupon and that's an added bonus!

1 Thank candicegaud
Dublin
“Never to return”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I went with a groupon deal and still felt ripped off! I do not know how they stay in business.
First, the french fries??? Who wants to eat a basket of french fries before dinner, no hush puppies. No bread or dinner rolls. The food was bland, poorly plated, barely warm and slow to arrive. The atmosphere..well...what atmosphere. Furniture old, carpet dirty, service slow.
Being from the coast our expectations of fresh seafood are high but everything tasted like it had been frozen or prepared yesterday and reheated.
Bad choice for groupon, bad choice for us!

• Visited June 2013