“No big complaints”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Newfoundland
“No big complaints”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

This hotel was what I expected - nothing fancy, but basically clean. The beds had fresh clean linen on them, and the floors and bathrooms were OK too. The staff was friendly, and let me use their microwave to warm something. They had a good continental breakfast. It even had a vibrating easy chair!
Only complaint is that the coffee maker had been overlooked during the last cleaning. The pot itself was cleaned, but their was a coffee pouch left over from the last occupants. Fortunately, it must have been a recent stay - no time for mold to grow or anything. I just dumped it out, cleaned it, and made my coffee.

• Liked — convenience to the highway, clean
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Virginia Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2006

I was looking up reviews for hotels in Christiansburg when I saw reviews of this Super 8 that I had previously stayed at so I needed to comment as well as one word kept popping up...odor. There was an odor to this hotel I couldn't stand. A similar thing happened at a Super 8 in Rocky Mount NC. I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The odor in the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else...Microtel is a much better choice for about the same price.
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank WxProphet
Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

We stayed here because it was the last motel room in the area, due to 2 area college graduations taking place... otherwise we would NOT have stayed. The carpet seemed dirty, the sheets were threadbare, with a couple holes in them, the room (supposedly non-smoking) smelled like smoke, the blanket was tattered and too small for the king sized bed, the shower had poor water pressure, the temperature of the water repeatedly kept changing from the desired temperature to cold then to very hot then back to the desired temperature, there were no tissues in the room, and there was a partial roll of toilet tissue but no spare roll. All this (or should I say lack of) for a total of $99. I've stayed at Super 8 Motels in Radford and Dublin, Virginia that were luxurious compared to this motel, and the cost was much more reasonable, too. Avoid this one!!!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank dabasw
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2006

Stayed one night with my family. Never again. Advertised $39;99 on billboard with Vacancy. After checking in our bill was $55 something??? We were tired so we went to the room anyway. I would not have minded paying the higher rate, but the room was a dump. Non-smoking smelled as if 10 smokers just left it. Hair on floor in bathroom . Sheets looked like they were not changed. Let my kid walk around on the carpeted floor in the room in his white socks and the bottoms of them turned black with dirt. Motel close to road that has alot of traffic, so you hear cars going by all night. Asked to talk to the manager on duty, named Shailesh Patel in the morning and he could not be contacted. Coffee weak , cramped breakfast room , stale bagles. Pay more and stay someplace else. It is worth it.

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Irwin, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2005

This Super 8 Motel had no surprises.
The room was fairly comfortable and reasonably clean.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
I did not like that the motel allowed pets.
A barking dog was bothersome but did not keep us up.
Our room had an odor to it. Perhaps from a previous water leak upstairs?
I don't know but I wish I had brought an air freshener.
Free wireless internet is a great feature.
This motel was the best priced motel we could find near VA Tech and we will probably stay again.