“Worst Super 8 I've stayed in” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Christiansburg

Super 8 Christiansburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
“Worst Super 8 I've stayed in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

We stayed here because it was the last motel room in the area, due to 2 area college graduations taking place... otherwise we would NOT have stayed. The carpet seemed dirty, the sheets were threadbare, with a couple holes in them, the room (supposedly non-smoking) smelled like smoke, the blanket was tattered and too small for the king sized bed, the shower had poor water pressure, the temperature of the water repeatedly kept changing from the desired temperature to cold then to very hot then back to the desired temperature, there were no tissues in the room, and there was a partial roll of toilet tissue but no spare roll. All this (or should I say lack of) for a total of $99. I've stayed at Super 8 Motels in Radford and Dublin, Virginia that were luxurious compared to this motel, and the cost was much more reasonable, too. Avoid this one!!!

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dabasw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2006

Stayed one night with my family. Never again. Advertised $39;99 on billboard with Vacancy. After checking in our bill was $55 something??? We were tired so we went to the room anyway. I would not have minded paying the higher rate, but the room was a dump. Non-smoking smelled as if 10 smokers just left it. Hair on floor in bathroom . Sheets looked like they were not changed. Let my kid walk around on the carpeted floor in the room in his white socks and the bottoms of them turned black with dirt. Motel close to road that has alot of traffic, so you hear cars going by all night. Asked to talk to the manager on duty, named Shailesh Patel in the morning and he could not be contacted. Coffee weak , cramped breakfast room , stale bagles. Pay more and stay someplace else. It is worth it.

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Irwin, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2005

This Super 8 Motel had no surprises.
The room was fairly comfortable and reasonably clean.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
I did not like that the motel allowed pets.
A barking dog was bothersome but did not keep us up.
Our room had an odor to it. Perhaps from a previous water leak upstairs?
I don't know but I wish I had brought an air freshener.
Free wireless internet is a great feature.
This motel was the best priced motel we could find near VA Tech and we will probably stay again.