“Great Nights Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Madison, Alabama
“Great Nights Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have stayed here a few times before. Staff very friendly, helpful and informative. Upon check in we requested the quietest room, clerk told us that there may be some noise from the lounge next door, when I asked if this was something new she said that a few months ago new owners added music to Friday& Sat nights,. I was leery as we were only half way to our destination and needed a good nights rest, she was accommodating and gave us a room in the quietest part of the motel. We absolutely heard nothing and was able to get the rest needed. It is an older motel and could use some updates, but for the great price it was clean and most satisfactory. WIFI worked ok, not the fastest speed but certainly wasn't the slowest that we have encountered. New upgraded flat screen TV could have been raised a little higher making it easier to view while lying in bed. Did not partake in the continental breakfast, but I imagine it is standard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank sazbuff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greenwich Village, NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I was given this room because I said I did not care whether it was smoking or not and I have a very small dog.

I don't smoke, but I don't normally mind being given a smoking room, as I am very grateful when a place will let me stay with my very clean and well behaved dog.

this place truly was like being in a smokehouse, though, and I could almost not breathe. The carpet look like somebody had emptied the garbage can on it and never really cleaned it up. there was a large volume of deeply ground in dirt, plus big chunks of garbage all over the floor.

when I checked the mattress for bugs, and there were no bugs, it was one of the oldest and grossest mattresses I have ever seen. luckily for me, I am driving my camper van and I was able to sleep in the parking lot in my van.

they clearly have no standards of cleanliness at this place. I am so grateful I was driving in my van or I would've had to have woken up in this disgusting room, where I am using the bathroom now and will leave immediately

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with 2 people and a dog. The front desk staff was friendly and quick during check and check out. The grounds were very well kept compared to other Super 8s and similarly priced motels I've stayed at. The room was much larger than any motel I've been at. It appeared clean, and was carpeted, which my dog much prefers. The mattresses were definitely older, but nothing wrong with them. My biggest complaint would be that instead of a fitted sheet, they used flat sheets. This meant any time we moved in our beds, the sheet shifted. By the time we woke up, half the mattress was uncovered.
This location is also convenient to the highway without being so close to have constant highway noise, and there are plenty of places to eat within 1-2 miles. I will definitely stay again if I come back to the area.
The breakfast selections were the typical Super 8 choices, various breads for toast, frosted flakes and some other cereal, ego waffles, and cinnamon rolls. Also your standard coffee, real and juices. Nothing special, but this is what I've seen at every Super 8 I've stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends