“Definitely recommend”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Fredericksburg, VA
“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed June 12, 2007

The motel was very very clean, which was about all we needed. We arrived after 9 pm and left at 7:30 am so basically just slept. The breakfast was just dry cereal, English muffin or sweet roll. The coffee both in the room and at breakfast was very weak. Yuck. The staff were very friendly both when I called for info and when we arrived and left. We suggest you ask for a room away from the road; we were one room in from the road and it was a bit noisy when a large truck went by.
The wireless internet worked like a charm!

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2007

First of all, when we arrived there were only smoking rooms left even though we reserved 2 non-smoking rooms. They blamed it on the general reservation system, that we should have called directly (even though I had a confirmation). They did what they could to accomodate us and gave us $5 off per room. The rooms were shabby, they were not dirty, they had been cleaned, but they had worn in dirt look. They also had a musty smell. I saw no cockroaches or dirty linens (they were clean). The breakfast was bare bones, cereal, frozen type bagels, that sort of thing, you could get by on it. The coffee was okay. When I checked out they did try to charge me $1+ per room for a safe that is in each room, I argued and they took it off. Overall, I felt it was clean enough to spend a night here, but I personally wouldn't go back unless I was desperate. We were looking at colleges and I thought that it was closer to VT than some of the other motels (somewhere it said it was close) it was as close as most of the others, so that was no advantage.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I have stayed in this hotel since the year it was built. The property itself has aged, but the customer service at this hotel is what has always brought us back. We usually stay between 2 and 10 nights per year. I just called to make my reservations for this fall, and have found out that they are changing their policy to require a 2 night minimum stay for VT football weekends. They have also raised the prices significantly this year. I am sad to do this, but I think I will need to find another hotel where they are willing to be more flexible. I hope they reconsider this policy!

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank vthokie88
Florida, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this motel for one night on route to Tennessee. We had a coupon from those magazines you get at the rest areas. The outside looked decent and the lobby was clean. Since we were only staying for a few hours I wasnt looking for anything special just a clean motel with a continental breakfast. When I got to my room I immediately was concerned. The floor looked like it hadnt been vacumed and it had a smokey smell to it, although it was a non smoking room. I also had my 7 year old daughter and my mother in law with me and it was late and we were all very tired. Although I felt the room was sub standard I didnt want to make a big deal out of it. After I got ready for bed I pulled down the covers only to find long brown hairs on the sheets. It was disgusting. It was obvious that the sheets had never been changed. I also noticed that by the bed platform there was sunflower seeds and doritos chips. I went to the manager and he apologized and changed our room. This room appeared cleaner( the floors were vacumed) but the room still smelled. The next morning my husband told me he was pretty sure he saw a cockrouch in the bathroom during the night. My mother in law had went to the free breakfast and brought me back coffee, which was terrible, then as my husband was drying off after showering I heard him groan with disgust. He showed me the towel he was using to dry himself with and it had brown dirt all over it. I went to the manager with the towel and complained. He stated that the maid wasnt very good and refunded 1/2 my money. I didnt expect much from a Super 8, just a clean room and hopefully a decent cup of coffee in the morning. What I got was the filthiest motel I have ever stayed at. It was shameful. My husband and I travel frequently by car and have stayed at many motels off the interstates, but I have never seen such a filthy motel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank caloriecounter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
#10 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area? Share your experiences!