“What a dump!”

Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed September 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this motel for one night on route to Tennessee. We had a coupon from those magazines you get at the rest areas. The outside looked decent and the lobby was clean. Since we were only staying for a few hours I wasnt looking for anything special just a clean motel with a continental breakfast. When I got to my room I immediately was concerned. The floor looked like it hadnt been vacumed and it had a smokey smell to it, although it was a non smoking room. I also had my 7 year old daughter and my mother in law with me and it was late and we were all very tired. Although I felt the room was sub standard I didnt want to make a big deal out of it. After I got ready for bed I pulled down the covers only to find long brown hairs on the sheets. It was disgusting. It was obvious that the sheets had never been changed. I also noticed that by the bed platform there was sunflower seeds and doritos chips. I went to the manager and he apologized and changed our room. This room appeared cleaner( the floors were vacumed) but the room still smelled. The next morning my husband told me he was pretty sure he saw a cockrouch in the bathroom during the night. My mother in law had went to the free breakfast and brought me back coffee, which was terrible, then as my husband was drying off after showering I heard him groan with disgust. He showed me the towel he was using to dry himself with and it had brown dirt all over it. I went to the manager with the towel and complained. He stated that the maid wasnt very good and refunded 1/2 my money. I didnt expect much from a Super 8, just a clean room and hopefully a decent cup of coffee in the morning. What I got was the filthiest motel I have ever stayed at. It was shameful. My husband and I travel frequently by car and have stayed at many motels off the interstates, but I have never seen such a filthy motel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank caloriecounter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg

Been to Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area

Address: 55 Laurel St, Christiansburg, VA 24073-6565
Location: United States > Virginia > Christiansburg
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Price Range: $50 - $76 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Hotel Christiansburg