“Non-smoking? Ha!”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
indiana
“Non-smoking? Ha!”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed in a "non-smoking" room because I don't smoke and react very badly to it. By morning the room had filled with smoke, from an adjacent room I assume. The whole building smells disgusting, and by the time I left in the morning, so did I. All my llugage and its contents reaked like smoke when I left, so I now I'm going to smell like smoke for the rest of my trip. This should NOT be advertised as non-smoking when it's so ridiculously smoky. Yuck!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank KA95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenbrier, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Super 8 Christiansburg is a clean and convenient place to stay while on the road traveling. The front desk people are very nice. The room was clean enough, as were the beds and linens. The only problem that I had was the people staying in the hotel making noise and coming in very late (1:30). We stayed on the first floor and the ceiling and walls were very thin. Otherwise, it was fine. If you plan on eating the continental breakfast, you must go early. Everything was gone at 9:00 a.m.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
fairfax va
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Great location for walkable distance to big stores (Walmart, bestbuy), fast food/dinning. Staff is very accommodating with pets and change of schedule. Great for family with pet. Quality of room is okay as the motel is relatively aged. The room are kept clean but may overshadowed by aging equipment.

Great for short 1-2 days stay if not too picky.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Vienna, VA
Reviewed October 24, 2008

We have been regular customers here for several years, because of family commitments. This is at 55 Laurel Street, essentially at Rt. 460 across from Wal-Mart, close by the mall.
The rooms have always been clean. There is an off-screen TV guide to help quickly find one's way through the local line-up.
The staff is competent, and cordial beyond the call of duty as witnessed by my accidently blurting out 'Wahoo' during some end of stay small talk, and they didn't hardly even flinch. They have always accommodated our reservation requests, and they have always had some little something available for us to come get at the desk in case we needed it for the room.
We have never bothered with the very basic complimentary breakfast. We have usually found coffee in the large thermos dispensers into the evening.
One can walk to Wendy's, a deli, and some semi-fast pasta place outlet. The Rt. 460 corridor is full of eateries. IHOP is about a four minute drive to get across the big intersection.

• Liked — It is a reliable, comfortable place to stay while doing things in the area.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This was the third of three budget hotels we booked in a Delaware - Virginia tour. This is the Super 8 in Christiansburg/Blacksburg on Laurel street - NOT the one in Christiansburg which looks like a tudor style building. So the reviewer who commented on the "log cabin" charm likely had the wrong place in mind when she (and apparently others) lambasted this hotel.

On the contrary, not only was this place really clean, they had many upgrades at a much cheaper rate than any of our other hotel stays. These included microwaves & refrigerators in the room as well as complimentary laundry bags, on site laundry facilities, shampoos and soaps, great tv, clean large bathrooms, comfortable beds with great fluffy pillows. They provided coffee makers in the rooms in addition to a full continental breakfast in the morning which included hot oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, jam spreads, juice, coffee, tea, blueberry muffins, all type of coffee sweeteners, half and half, skim milk. There were no diesel trucks or parking for any in the middle of the motel as one reviewer wrote.

I made the mistake and went to the other Super 8 (the "log cabinney" styled one) as it's the first one you see when you come off the highway and they just handed me preprinted directions to the correct one on Laurel street when we couldn't find my booking- which was the one I had actually booked.

• Liked — What you get exceeds the budget price. AND it's CLEAN!
  • Disliked — Late check in (they wanted to make sure everything was clean - probably because of the wrong reviews)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed June 12, 2007

The motel was very very clean, which was about all we needed. We arrived after 9 pm and left at 7:30 am so basically just slept. The breakfast was just dry cereal, English muffin or sweet roll. The coffee both in the room and at breakfast was very weak. Yuck. The staff were very friendly both when I called for info and when we arrived and left. We suggest you ask for a room away from the road; we were one room in from the road and it was a bit noisy when a large truck went by.
The wireless internet worked like a charm!

Stayed June 2007
New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2007

First of all, when we arrived there were only smoking rooms left even though we reserved 2 non-smoking rooms. They blamed it on the general reservation system, that we should have called directly (even though I had a confirmation). They did what they could to accomodate us and gave us $5 off per room. The rooms were shabby, they were not dirty, they had been cleaned, but they had worn in dirt look. They also had a musty smell. I saw no cockroaches or dirty linens (they were clean). The breakfast was bare bones, cereal, frozen type bagels, that sort of thing, you could get by on it. The coffee was okay. When I checked out they did try to charge me $1+ per room for a safe that is in each room, I argued and they took it off. Overall, I felt it was clean enough to spend a night here, but I personally wouldn't go back unless I was desperate. We were looking at colleges and I thought that it was closer to VT than some of the other motels (somewhere it said it was close) it was as close as most of the others, so that was no advantage.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family