“Check in early, or find another option..”

Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Firstly, I always write to inform fellow travelers about options and compare my experiences only against local options. In this case, we stopped halfway on a long drive North. Being a Wyndham collection member, Super8's always provide very easy accommodations while on the road. We booked this hotel, asking for a King room, and arrived just after 9pm.

Upon checking in, we were asked if we truly wanted a King room, as the only one left was directly across from the front door of a loud nightclub/bar/country tavern(?) or sorts. We hesitantly said "Yes" because they had no other options above Double beds.

In what I suppose was helpful, was the level of noise the heater created, as it drowned out some of the music coming from across the parking lot. But we could hear/feel the music, well after 12am.

As a member of this hotel's parent club, I am disappointed in their offerings. I'm not above other customers, but when a hotel has a reservation for a King room, perhaps save one that's not in the absolute worst location in the entire hotel?

Their complementary breakfast was, as always, quick and available, however, the room was tiny. With three people already seated inside, there was little room even to prepare our breakfasts. On the plus side, they had cinnamon rolls!

I do believe these very economical hotels, like Super8, do a great service and job, providing a place to sleep on the cheap, but when it comes to Christiansburg/Blacksburg, you may want to consider another option.

I travel all over the world and my expectations are always adjusted to my current situation. I don't expect fancy when paying for no frills. But in this case, I was left, wide awake, past midnight, wishing we had kept driving. I've read other reviews and I know this wasn't malicious or even negligent, it just wasn't pleasant.

(Sorry, no pictures.)

Room Tip: Check in early or request a room FAR AWAY from the entrance to their neighboring bar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My title says it all. The price is low, service, breakfast, rooms are top notch. I lived here for a month and the staff treated me like family. They will bend over backward to make your stay the best. I miss you guys!

Room Tip: I only stayed in two diff ones but there is no noise and the rooms are so comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
SUFFOLK
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were traveling with my son's dog and needed to stay at a pet friendly hotel. This was fine for that situation. We were only there for one night but found everything to be clean and fairly quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I reserved 4 rooms in March for the graduation weekend, and then became concerned when such negative reviews began showing up here. After contacting corporate Super 8, the manager called to reassure me of the hotel's condition and staff. Among the four rooms, there were NO issues with the cleanliness, maintenance or conditions of the room fixtures or furniture. I don't know what these other guests were talking about. We had an issue with noisy neighbors (3 rooms surrounding one of ours) on the first night, but were graciously and immediately moved to another room as soon as it was brought to the attention of the front desk. The continental breakfast is just that- if you want bacon and eggs, go to one of the many places to eat just down the street. Very conveniently located near shopping malls and many restaurants. The bed was comfortable with a mattress pillow topper and a variety of pillow choices. The bathrooms were clean and functional. If you want Hilton- pay for Hilton. If you want reasonable rates, please be realistic in your expectations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The bed sinks down on the side close to window.
Water line to comode broke during the nite wet floor and carpet forget to tell them at front desk. I turn water off under comode.I got up to use the bathroom when I found the water running at 2:30 am.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
#10 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Area? Share your experiences!