“Should be condemed !!!!! Don't stay there.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We chose this hotel as it was half way on our trip and located near the highway. Our room smelled like something had died in it. The carpet was so filthy we kept our shoes on the whole time. Our shower wouldn't drain. The front desk lady came with a plunger, no go. She gave us a key to the room next door to shower, telling us that the air conditioner was broken so they couldn't put anyone in it. We got up at 5 am went next door to shower and walked in on some poor man sleeping. Scared both of us half to death. Went to the front desk and told them we wanted our money back. The guy at the desk laughed when we told him we walked in on someone else in the room. He said " We thought you showered last night so we rented the room out". He would only refund half our money and told us " you got to sleep what else do you want" We had to finish our trip home without showers,feeling dirty from the filth in the room. Also the door had no jam left in it so the lock didn't work , the security latch was missing. We put the table and chairs in front of the door. It was the WORST motel I have ever been in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank houndhero

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Actually stayed here at two different times last year. Once on my own last June. Then again with my husband last December. I chose it because I had 2 dogs with me the first time. The hotel is clean but a bit outdated. I had a ground floor room, so it was nice with the dogs. It has internet service, which is always a plus. The room was clean. Bed was fairly comfy.Easy access to I-81, food and gas are close by.This hotel is across the highway from the Rodeway Inn, and given the choice, I would pick this one. It's better kept up, and a bit nicer. Reasonably priced.This one does not charge a fee for your dogs, Rodeway Inn charges $10.00 per night for each pet. I would probably stay here again if I had both dogs with me.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank madwanderlust
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The group that I was traveling with planned a stay at this hotel. It was just about the half-way point to our final destination, and its location just off the highway made it appealing. The hotel was very average. Rooms were clean, as were the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. There was a small lobby that had a small continental breakfast. If you are looking for a decent, inexpensive place to stay a night, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CoolCop47
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Stayed here one night to attend a VA Tech homecoming. The girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful, printing out directions to local wineries for us. Although the room (#211) was clean, it was in poor shape. Cheap furniture, beat up interior. There was a gap under the door which was big enough for mice, bugs or even a snake to get through. The rubber strip that had been installed only covered half of the door. You could see light coming through the bottom. The floor creaked like a haunted house and you could hear your neighbors walking around their room. I would hate to be on the first floor listening to the people above me. There was a coffee maker and coffee in the room, but no sugar, creamer, etc. and no tea bags. There weren't enough electric plugs for the lamps and clock radio. Thank goodness the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. We paid (with tax) $101 for one night--definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teramo48
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here for a Virginia Tech game weekend. Location is convenient to the interstate and there are dining options nearby. Check in was smooth but we got to the room to find the keys didn't work. Front desk clerk's master key didn't work either. We were sent to another room that supposedly had the heat fixed that day. We were told it would just need some time to warm up. I wasn't worried until we were given a portable space heater "just in case". Needless to say the heat wasn't really fixed. Front desk called the room at 11pm to ask if he could have the portable heater back?? Um, no it's our only source of heat. Bathtub was clogged by a large hairball. What a joke. This place puts the No in Econo. Won't return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ben7260
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Way overpriced and the breakfast was pathetic too...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Gerry L
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was traveling alone with my puppy, after driving 13.5 hours driving home from MS to PA. I was issued a room in the 2nd building last room on the end. I travel often alone & all the hotels Ive stayed once they learn I am alone they issue me a room close to the lobby for my safety. I had to park at the 1st building because of no parking in the back then walk to my room with my personal belongings and the pup. There were men staying there apparently working in the area that were drinking & carrying on outside. I get to my room the carpet was so messed up it was even pulled up by the door. The wiring was totally a fire a hazard. See pictures attached,

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank angielirette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!