“Great room for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Christiansburg

Quality Inn Christiansburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Columbia, SC
“Great room for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed here the evening of 11/3/09 while traveling to Maryland. I picked up a travel hotel coupon book and paid $59.99 (w/tax $67.19) for a standard smoking room with a king size bed. Being a single female traveler I was alittle hesitant about the hotel having outside room entrances (vs. interior corridors) but was very happy with the room. Check in attendant was very pleasant. He greeted both me and another couple waiting to check in while he helped the couple in front of us. There were cookies in the lobby. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the bed linens/blanket which were a nice step up from the typical bedspread you find in hotels/motels in this price range. TV channels were great. Room had a mini fridge and microwave. Checkout time was 12 pm which I also like. Breakfast was really good....waffles, juice, eggs, danishes, cereal, etc. Also, great location right off of 81. Great stay for the money...would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We needed a place to stay as we traveled north from Florida. We were in a severe rain storm connected with the recent hurricane/tropical storm and stopped at the Va welcome center. We found a coupon for this place and stopped for the night. It was nice and clean and comfortable, and dry! Lots of channels on the tv to choose from. It is right next door to a Cracker Barrel, where we walked in and had a good dinner. Continental bkfst was included and it was a nice one. Lots of fresh goodies including hot and cold cereal, fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, nice fresh muffins and danish, breads for toast, coffee, cappucino, hot cocoa, fresh bananas, and apples, juice.I probably forgot something but it was a very good breakfast. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. We had a good night's sleep and were ready to tackle the (long) ride home to NY the next day!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

My partner and I stayed here on a recent trip to see Va Tech beat Nebraska (Go Hokies!). We weren't expecting a great deal of amenities, but there are a few basics that any hotel/motel should provide. The water pressure was virtually non-existent in the shower. And I don't mean that it was merely a light flow. Literally one stream of water came out of the shower head. It took nearly 5 minutes just to get wet! For $150 a night, I at least expected I could take a nice, hot shower, especially after driving 5 hours from DC.

We informed the front desk, and they assured us that this would be fixed. It was not fixed during the duration of our stay.

The room overall was decently sized, and the bed was moderately comfortable, no complaints there. What was problematic was the fact that the door to the room didn't close easily. You had to really pull it shut in order to make sure it was locked. It didn't leave us with a great sense of security since the rooms open up to the outside, motel-style. The TV was also purported to be new, but was just a CRT flat screen that was probably bought wholesale circa 1999. I wasn't expecting a HDTV necessarily, but I thought it was funny to upgrade equipment with tv's that pretty much obsolete.

The staff also really seemed to lack any knowledge about the surrounding area. We asked for dining recommendations, and the front desk had nothing to offer. The front desk was pretty dismissive at check out as well, when I informed them that the shower STILL wasn't fixed. Rather than "I am so sorry," it was just "OK, I'll let the manager know." You should also know that if you are stuck with a smoking room like we were, it smells, regardless of what they tell you.

I guess it's a seller's market during football season, and they can charge what the market bears. I was just let down by the experience. I wish I would have paid more to stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank mrgenius99
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Checked in at night and there were warm cookies available in the lobby, along with a choice of hot chocolate, cappuccino or milk. What a welcome! Room was clean. Could hear the traffic from I-81 which is right next to the motel. If you're a city dweller it shouldn't bother you. If you're used to hearing nothing but crickets it could be a bother until you fall asleep. Better breakfasts than most motels - sausage, scrambled eggs and croissants in addition to the usual waffles. Two attendants helping with breakfast. Staff was friendly. Room rate was a little high, but there was a NASCAR race at nearby Bristol, and I think it was move-in weekend at area colleges, so all motels in the area had raised their rates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed here for one night August 7, 2009 on way to Tennessee from Upstate NY. I always trust Trip Advisor before I book anywhere and again, they were spot on! Exterior corridor rooms. We booked the King bed room. Comfy bed with lots of pillows!! Seeing as how it was almost 2am when we arrived, clerk checked us in very fast so we could get to our room. Had a little trouble with the key card getting into room but front desk clerk immediately came up to assist us. Room was clean. Cracker Barrel right on same grounds so you can eat and get back on I-81 in a very short period of time. Usually you cannot go wrong staying at a place near a Cracker Barrel. :-) I am a little weary of exterior corridor hotels but this one was very nice. As I said, we checked in very late and felt very safe. Plenty of decent looking vehicles in parking lot. Very quiet. Desk clerk told us they had an extended breakfast in the morning on weekends with bisquits and gravy, bagels, cereals, etc. but honestly we didn't even think of getting up after getting to bed after 2am. All in all, if you are looking for a one night stopover just for resting purposes on your way somewhere, this is highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank superjulesrn
Walt Disney World, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were travelling to Tennessee and we were looking for a stop for 1 night so we stopped here in Christiansburg and we sure loved our stay.
Rooms are wide,clean with fridge-microwave and 2 big beds for an affordable rates.
Continental breakfast for free,not so good but enough for a snack
I loved the swimming pool and the wirhpool.
I sure raccomand it and if i 'll return in that place i'll choose QUALITY INN..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank norvegiasara
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stopped here on our way to Nashville for a convention, enjoyed our stay so much we stopped again on the way back. Cookies in the lounge in the evening were a nice touch. Very good breakfast as well (make your own waffles if you like). Enjoyed our stays here. Also enjoyed the Cracker Barrel restaurant close by across the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg
3.5 of 5 stars 213 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christ...
#4 of 14 in Christiansburg
4.5 of 5 stars 65 reviews
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!