“Nice little stop on I-81”

Quality Inn Christiansburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed here for one night August 7, 2009 on way to Tennessee from Upstate NY. I always trust Trip Advisor before I book anywhere and again, they were spot on! Exterior corridor rooms. We booked the King bed room. Comfy bed with lots of pillows!! Seeing as how it was almost 2am when we arrived, clerk checked us in very fast so we could get to our room. Had a little trouble with the key card getting into room but front desk clerk immediately came up to assist us. Room was clean. Cracker Barrel right on same grounds so you can eat and get back on I-81 in a very short period of time. Usually you cannot go wrong staying at a place near a Cracker Barrel. :-) I am a little weary of exterior corridor hotels but this one was very nice. As I said, we checked in very late and felt very safe. Plenty of decent looking vehicles in parking lot. Very quiet. Desk clerk told us they had an extended breakfast in the morning on weekends with bisquits and gravy, bagels, cereals, etc. but honestly we didn't even think of getting up after getting to bed after 2am. All in all, if you are looking for a one night stopover just for resting purposes on your way somewhere, this is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank superjulesrn

Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were travelling to Tennessee and we were looking for a stop for 1 night so we stopped here in Christiansburg and we sure loved our stay.
Rooms are wide,clean with fridge-microwave and 2 big beds for an affordable rates.
Continental breakfast for free,not so good but enough for a snack
I loved the swimming pool and the wirhpool.
I sure raccomand it and if i 'll return in that place i'll choose QUALITY INN..

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank norvegiasara
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stopped here on our way to Nashville for a convention, enjoyed our stay so much we stopped again on the way back. Cookies in the lounge in the evening were a nice touch. Very good breakfast as well (make your own waffles if you like). Enjoyed our stays here. Also enjoyed the Cracker Barrel restaurant close by across the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I booked this hotel using "choicehotels.com" and then called the property to inform them that we are staying to celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary. When we got to the hotel, the gentleman that checked us in said "there's something waiting for you in the room from our manager". We got to the room and there was champagne on ice arranged beautifully with glasses and confetti. There was also an anniversary card with a $30 gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse. This was a very pleasant surprise - I don't think they even blocked the rooms on each side of us for privacy! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - we'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows were comfortable also. The cookies each evening are the bomb!!!!!!!!! The waffles at breakfast were great. The biscuits and gravy were very good as well. Staff did and excellent job of keeping the breakfast area stocked and helped prepare the waffles. We stopped at this hotel on our way to Hickory NC (Furniture shopping) and my wife accidentally left here pillow at the hotel. On our way home, we spent the night at this hotel again, mostly because the cookies are so good, and staff graciously returned my wife's lost pillow.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel based on its Platinum Award from Choice Hotels, as well as a prior stay in 1996. It was chosen as a convenient stopping point after moving out of college.I spoke to front desk clerk Jon over the phone several times to inquire about availability and to confirm our reservation, and he was always pleasant and answered my questions.

The hotel is a former Hampton Inn, an older one with exterior corridors. Our room was 115, which is by the pool (which hadn't opened for the season).

The major flaw with our room, and the only thing keeping the hotel from recieving a five rating, was the huge gap between the door and the frame. It was widfe enough to see daylight through, and certainly wide enough for insects, or a small rodent or snake, to squeeze through. This issue was presented to the staff several times because it is so important to fix this problem.

Other than that, the room was fine - clean, good-sized, with a king bed and recliner. There was also a micro-fridge in the room, as well as a newer TV with plenty of channels. The beds were comfortable, even the rollaway I slept in. The room was fairly quiet, but ours didn't face the highway.

The staff was always friendly, and the hotel serves freshly baked cookies in the evening in addition to an above average free breakfast. Cost was around $80. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance.

Again, the gap between the door and the frame was the only major issue with our room, but it is a major issue - especially with the exterior corridor layout. Other than that, the Quality Inn hotel was very nice. If you stay, be sure to check the doors for any gaps - especially 115, but others as well.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LGILMAN479
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I reserved this hotel based on other Tripadvisor reviews. The room was large and very clean. However, I had requested a quiet room away from the highway. Unfortunately, they have only a few rooms which meet this requirement, and they had just been painted and were unavailable.. Most of their rooms are very noisy as a result of truck traffic on the adjacent I-81. I had difficulty sleeping even using earplugs! If you are a light sleeper, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
Days Inn Christiansburg
#10 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!