“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was expecting a clean room and minimal breakfast..............to my surprise the room was very nice, spacious and very comfortable. Nice pool, great hot tub, really good warm breakfast. The reception area/office was beautiful with offerings of cookies and lemonade 24/7. I thoroughly enjoyed my stop over in Christiansburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

After a recent (the night before) stay at a rather dirty Quality Inn we gave this one a shot in Christiansburg. We were not disappointed at all.

This is how a hotel should be run. It was quite crowded which was a good sign but that also brings along with it a number of smokers who get a non-smoking room (because of capacity I'd say) and therefore smoke along the outside corridors. At any rate our room was spotless, fresh smelling and a good size with all the amenities noted being there. The staff were friendly upon arrival and accurate with their directions etc. Upon checkout the staff person was less so but competent so I guess that is what counts.

Location was perfect for our run onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. The breakfast was crowded (we didn't partake because of time) and chirpy so that was a good sign.

No problem at all recommending this stop on your way through southern VA or on I81 or anytime for that matter.

Room Tip: We were right above the outside pool and never heard a sound, so I would say no problem.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Wow! Who knew that Christiansburg was the town that never sleeps! And this hotel was in the middle of it all! The swimming pool was overtaken by a couple of families who also allowed their children to run free (with yapping dachund in tow), fireworks being shot off one of the balconies (at least that was short-lived), a group of young men cooking hotdogs in the parking lot, and people coming and going pretty much all night.

However, the room was your good basic, classic motel room. Things were clean and bed was comfy. Don't know about breakfast...we didn't stay as it was all basically carbs.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from "groups" that are staying there together if you want any peace and qui...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Christiansburg hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Im not one to complain or to get someone in trouble, but when I was reading other reviews and saw other people complain about the older breakfast attentant I thought to myself, SURELY she can't be all that bad -- but I was wrong. My family of 4 were the only people down for breakfast and when I went to make my waffle I was rudely pushed asided and she said "I'll do that, I don't want you making a mess". When she walked away, I proceeded to make another one, since there were 2 waffle makers and 4 of us and there was no one else there waiting -- she looked at me and rudely asked "are you making another one?". My reply was "yes, there are 4 of us and we would all like to eat". I could understand if there was a long line and only one maker, but this was not the case. I don't want to pay $100.00 expecting a nice breakfast but then given the 3rd degree about it. The hotel itself was nice -- we slept very well and the front desk people were very nice and helpful as we checked in.

Room Tip: In the same parking lot as Cracker Barrel -- that was nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Little Elm, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This would have been a one star review had the staff not made the efforts they did to rectify a multitude of problems. Number one, We booked a room that was to have a king and sleeper sofa. The night staff did bring up two roll aways to help. Instead of the sleeper it had a recliner. Number two, the AC unit sounded like a jackhammer which could be heard in the parking lot. I know because as I was unloading the car, I could hear it quite clearly. Major heat wave in this area and we had to only run the fan. Nothing else to do without maintenance which was not available. Number three, the bathroom was not clean and the shower was awful. Number four, the attendant working breakfast was mean, disrespectful and lacked proper food area etiquette as she first coughed over the waffle makers then as opposed to using the brush which was right in front of her, she cleared the crumbs off of the waffle maker by blowing them off. No joke about this whereas the hotel itself is nothing but a joke.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank magicandbird
Severna Park, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have mixed emotions about this Quality Inn. Maybe because of the "award winning" status I expected more. Good points - housekeeping staff very pleasant, fresh baked cookies (most nights), clean room and lobby. Not so good - front desk staff was not so friendly except for one young man (wished I got his name) who was helpful when he was on duty and came fairly quickly to take care of some small ants that were in the bathroom area, the pool was dirty, water wasn't clear with debris in the pool. The whirlpool was horrible with dirty water and it wasn't very hot at all barely 96 degrees. I had mixed emotions about the motel setup but worked out well for us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We were heading southward desperately looking for a room. It is Sunday night, and we figured it would not be hard to find a room for the night. We were so wrong! There were no rooms to be had in Staunton or Roanoke, and we kept thinking we were going to have to drive all the way to our home in southern North Carolina and would not be home until 11:00 p.m. I searched Trip Advisor and found this Quality Inn and was relieved to find that they had a few rooms left. I booked it while we were going down the Interstate.

We were greeted by a banner that announced we had arrived at an award-winning inn, which pleased me greatly. The room has nice, clean carpeting and furniture. The bathroom looks fine. I was told when I made the reservation that the bed would be a queen bed, although my husband thought it might be a little smaller when he saw it. My husband said he would have liked a firmer bed, although it is fine for me. There were freshly made cookies in the lobby, along with milk and coffee. The cookies were quite tasty. There is a pool here, but we decided not to use it because we arrived a bit late to use it. The TV is better than that of many inns. It is a 32-inch flat-screen TV. There is a good selection of programs.

We are on our way to the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow and are glad we came here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple