“Awesome food & unique location”

Right Up Your Alley
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Food Truck Serving Brazilian and Mexican food!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Based on reviews through TripAdvisor, we decided to venture down this alley for our first dinner in Chincoteague. You really do stumble upon this cool little food truck with benches and stand-up tables lining a clean, spacious alley. The woman working the food truck was very friendly and service was quick and pleasant. She recommended the carne asada, so my husband and I split carne asada quesadillas for dinner, which were delicious and a great value for the money. There are a couple of different hot sauces to choose from, and we got the mild which I couldn't stop raving about - I don't know why, but it was very tasty! They also have a wide selection of sodas in coolers to choose from, which was definitely refreshing at the end of a hot summer day.

Then they have desserts! We split an apple-filled churro and vanilla ice cream - YUM. Overall, Right Up Your Alley just hit the spot! We definitely want to go back. I think overall, for both of us, we only spent about $10 for dinner, drinks, & dessert!

2  Thank Lisa K
Kim G, Owner at Right Up Your Alley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Personally, I ALWAYS get the Carne Asada when I visit a Taco Truck. Glad you enjoyed, and didn't have to find an ATM. Enjoy your visit to Chincoteague.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

As I've said before, there are very few (if any), truly great, dine-in restaurants on the Island. Places like this more then make up for that. Right Up Your Alley probably shares the honors of "coolest" eatery with Woody's, but RUYA actually has some seriously good food to go with their setup. If you're looking for some good, solid food at a very reasonable cost, please check this place out. I'm pretty sure you'll be back.

2  Thank Titus T

Wow! Thanks Titus, now if only we could provide margaritas and cervezas.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This place is hidden down an alley, but we were drawn to it by the enticing smell. The menu was great and the staff was very accommodating. My wife is on a gluten free diet, so the cook made her a bread free fish taco on a corn soft tortilla. It was her first ever fish taco and the experience left her eager to try them again. We will definitely make Right Up Your Alley a regular stop when shopping downtown Chincoteague.

1  Thank Jeffrey B

I sure am glad Brody, our manager, was there cooking to accommodate a gluten free meal. Quite frankly, I would've been lost. So, with your feedback, we're working on how we can serve our customers special needs. Thanks for taking your valuable time to visit and review us.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

A fun place to hit on Main Street- price is right and it is a great use of the space. It's a food truck, so allow time to prepare the food--it's worth it. We went for tacos, a burrito and a fish taco. All were generous and tasty. I got the fish taco grilled, but the owner later told me I should have gotten it fried--his preferred way to prepare it. Guess I'll have to go back to find out! It was topped with chopped mangoes. I really hope this stop is still here when we come for our next visit!

3  Thank Alison H

Hi Alison, sounds like you you had a good sampling. We sure want to thank you for leaving a great review of your meal. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Word of mouth led us to this gem of a spot, a truck parked in an alley off Main. We had a variety of treats - fish and beef tacos, chicken burrito, quesadilla - all really fresh and served up by friendly and ready to please staff. I was amazed at the food served out of a truck, superior to most restaurants in town. Can't wait to go back and check out the rest of the menu.

1  Thank Romeo T

Pleased to hear a word of mouth recommendation brought you up the alley. Thanks for giving us a great review, the positive feedback we get is definitely motivation to keep the bar high and serve great food. Come back for more.