“Great little house!”
other travelers have booked this property
side view porch
master bedroom
master bedroom
bedroom 2
bedroom 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bonytony2...
Gainesville, Virginia
“Great little house!”
Reviewed April 15, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This house was great for our short stay. Two queen beds and two twins. My kids loved the foosball table, even though they were too young to really get the rules. Within walking distance of shops and dining. I only have one complaint and one word of caution. The complaint is that I did not know we needed to bring linens. I could have missed something in the listing, but I had to run back out to the WalMart to get sheets and towels. The word of caution is for tall people. The second story of the house has angled ceilings and I had to duck to move around up there. Not a problem, just I can see it being a pain if a tall person tried to use the queen bed up there. Overall an excellent home for the price and I would highly recommend. I would also add that the owners were very friendly and responsive.

Jul 28, 2017
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologise tht you did not know about the linens . The information about linens is included in the welcome email. I will try to make it so it stands out more to avoid any miscommunication in the future. Thank you again.
Justin H
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Just right...”
Reviewed May 4, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This house isn't super fancy - it's just right. This retreat fits the spirit of Chincoteague Island. It is tastefully and simply decorated, nice paint colors - calming, peaceful. If you are doing a lot of cooking, you may want to bring a few things. Here's the thing - it's clean! It feels fresh and tidy. Comfortable living room to come "home" to after some long days. Enjoyed the electric fireplace. Loved using the Keurig. This house is truly a great value! Internet was sketchy - but that's the experience we've had no matter where we stayed on the Island!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Clean and fresh!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 16, 2017
Hi Justin,
We are glad you chose BAYSIDE RETREAT . I think you hit the nail on the head with your description. Come and stay again.
JenWenz
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient, Clean, and Cute!”
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This rental is located close to Main Street, and was perfect for my husband, my mom, and I. Although we visited during the off-season and most the of the businesses on Main Street were closed, it was still a quick ride to a number of open restaurants - Steamers (a fun local bar and all-you-can-eat seafood joint) and the Sea Star Cafe (a healthy yummy sandwich shop with outdoor seating). This is a cute little house, nicely remodeled, with three bedrooms and one bathroom - the pictures posted here are accurate. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Also, check out Assateague Explorer for a guided kayak tour around the channel!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 16, 2017
We often prefer the off season. Riding around town and the refuge on bikes is great in the cooler months. You chose a great time to visit. Come back soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing