My first stay at Quality Inn, Chincoteague. I had been visiting Chincoteague since last 23 years, regularly twice a year, sometimes alone sometimes with my husband. I used to see this hotel since it was called Mariner Motel. I had bad experienced once with Mariner and skipped staying then. This time I told my husband lets try this one, because the exterior looks really fresh and nice combination of colors used. We asked the front desk person, if we can take a look before confirming the room. Perosonel was really courteous and handed us the key, showed the entire property on the map, man this is a huge property almost more than 5 buildings, picnic area, BBQ and even Pony on site. We liked that first impression he showed us for the property, explained what does their room have and we hoped for the same from the room, as we had really bad experience in the room when it was Mariner. We requested something on second floor so that nobody is jumping in the room above and disturbing us. Got to the room and thats it. First look, i told my husband, I am turning on the heat and you register in the office. Room felt so cozy and bright, that i just wanted to see what all they have. As per my regular habit, I started checking things, iron, coffeemaker, bathroom, microwave refrigerator, door lock, tv, airconditioner, lights, everything was working just fine. Lastly came the bed, where most of the hotels/motels we stay we either see hair on the sheets or sheets are stained. I checked both my beds, flipped over nothing was wrong. Believe me i am very picky and i really like finding wrong things first than to get satisfied with right ones. Everything was just so fine, after an hour was sunset, we just stood outside to see that, we noticed they have nice picnic area in the corner with i think 2-3 standing bbq grills, small fountain running in. Really quiet time and nice location. Also got a courtesy call from Front Desk, whether everything is fine in the room and if we need anything for the room. In the morning we went to lobby, to my surprise, they had a nice variety of breakfast, including eggs, yogurts, frest fruits, donuts, bagels etc...which all these i find tough to see in mid-scale hotels. Most of the time i stay at the other hotel in Chincoteague, they server is toast and danishes. Morning staff was also pleasant to talk with.
2 days passed off, back to home, but still we really miss the town of Chincoteague, small but quiet and lovely town. Quality Inn renovations really surprised us, we would definately go back to same hotel now on every year we go, and would like to recommend to anyone who just wants to relax and enjoy this town.
Also ask for their daily specials, we got this room with tax around $55 which is not bad for all the things you get in this time of the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rodeway Inn, a hotel in Chincoteague VA near Assateague Island National SeashoreIdeally located in the center of town, the Rodeway Inn(R) hotel offers easy access to many exciting things to do and see. This Chincoteague, VA hotel is close to the Oyster and Maritime Museum, the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, the Assateague Lighthouse and the NASA Visitor Center, Wallops Flight Facility. Assateague Island National Seashore is an amazing destination, offering pristine beaches and plenty of activities like swimming, surfing, shell collecting, biking, hiking, fishing and much more. During your visit, keep your eyes peeled for some of the island's beautiful wild horses. You won't know what to do first in this charming, seaside town: rent a bicycle, scooter or boat, or take a stroll through town and enjoy the many specialty shops, art galleries and restaurants. The local seasonal Island Trolley offers transportation around the area and is easily accessible from the hotel. This Chincoteague, VA hotel offers fabulous amenities and features, including: •Free continental breakfast with hot items & free coffee •Free wireless high-speed Internet access •Free local calls •Seasonal outdoor pool After a busy day of work or play, enjoy our picnic area with barbecue grills. Business travelers to this Virginia hotel will welcome additional conveniences like the on-site business center and access to copy services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking rooms are offered. Be sure to ask about our cozy, cedar-lined cabin rooms. Ample parking and laundry facilities are provided on the premises for added guest convenience. The next time your travels bring you to the beautiful Virginia Eastern shore, the Rodeway Inn hotel in Chincoteague offers you everything you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Quality Inn Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Quality Inn