“Excellent seafood dinner”

Bill's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner since 1960. The freshest local seafood, hand cut steaks, and chops. As well as pasta dishes. All accompanied by our international wine list. Beer and cocktails are served. Be sure to save room for our legendary desserts
Reviewed September 1, 2014

The food was amazing!
We went to Bill’s as we read the great reviews posted by previous diners and we weren’t disappointed. So much so that went back a second time for dinner! We had the clam chowder (excellent, not too many potatoes), the broiled crab cakes (great lumps of crab) and the Seafood Norfolk (shrimp and scallops cooked to perfection). Our server, Heather was very knowledgeable and friendly. We loved it! Our second visit confirmed that Bill’s is a great place to have dinner. We asked for a few exceptions to the set menu and they accepted which was great. We also went for breakfast, it was good but nothing put of the ordinary, it is not their specialty so if you want to go, stick to lunch or dinner. Do make a reservation as the place is quite small and bring something warm as the A/C is quite powerful.

1  Thank France S

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I've been to Bill's quite a bit over the past five years. Until this summer I would have easily given five stars. Service and food have always been first rate. But a couple things that have always bothered me and I will knock them out first: One is that they serve their dressing in little plastic cups with a lid on like you get at McDonalds. This place is supposed to be the high-end establishment on the island so why am I getting dressing like this? Second, the crab cakes and the crab imperial have become indistinguishable from one another. But both(it) are(is) delicious so I will stop complaining.

So why only four stars this year? The last two times I have been, my first glass of wine has been bad. Like vinegar bad. In a supposedly high-end dining experience, nothing is worse than getting a rancid glass of wine to start out a meal. And I mean bad to the point that I could smell the badness before the glass was a few inches away from my nose. And to have it happen twice! What the heck! Don't mess with my wine! Make sure it's good before it's sent to the table.

Like I said before the wait service is great and the food is excellent. The crab-whatever-it-is is delicious. And seafood and steaks are equally good. I haven't had anything bad at Bill's. The atmosphere is perfect for a nice night out with your significant other and is also family friendly. The kid's menu is very good too. You won't be disappointed if your kid doesn't finish everything because you will.

I will go back. But don't mess with my wine!

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Bills was very good with one disappointment, My wife had their French Onion Soup which I tasted sdeveral times to make sure we agreed that it was under par for such a good restaurant otherwise. It had lots of cheese anbd onions but unfortunately was very bland. It did not measure up to other plsces we have had french onion soup such as Panera Bread, Applebies, the Narrows on Kent Island MD, etc. Bills french onion soup just had no zip to it sorry to say.

On the other had I had the Norfolk seafood platter which was excellent and my wife had coconut shrimp which she also said was excellent. The little loaf of bread they serve was also quite good. We would go back to Bills but would not order the french onion soup. The server was very good as well.

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Went in for lunch after getting on the island. The service was good, staff was friendly, and the food was delicious! We ordered the steamed shrimp and the crab cake sandwich with house made chips... oh so good!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

The food was good, worth the high price of $25-$30 per entrée. The selections were interesting and well prepared, with good explanation by the waiter, even with dietary restrictions such as no dairy. The green apple cole slaw was good, but not the punch that I was expecting, for better or worse. The dining area is a bit small and tight, but nicely decorated. We had a slightly annoying loud neighbor diner, but that is not under the control of the restaurant, and he quieted down after getting his food. We sat under a ceiling fan, and were a bit cold from the wind chill, but the waiter was kind enough to put the fan speed on lowest. I would dine here again without hesitation.