“Great Seafood”

Bill's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner since 1960. The freshest local seafood, hand cut steaks, and chops. As well as pasta dishes. All accompanied by our international wine list. Beer and cocktails are served. Be sure to save room for our legendary desserts
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great atmosphere and helpful staff. The oysters are the best on the island. It is a bit pricey and during their busy times you definitely need a reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,048)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here five times and it just got better and better. The oysters were good and the crab cakes. They also have good clam strips and scallops.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went for lunch with reasonable expectations, based on the many positive reviews I have read. I ordered the fried grouper sandwich. The grouper itself was very good, tender and flaky. However, it was covered with a thick coating of breading that totally overpowered the flavor of the fish. It was accompanied by coleslaw, which was good, but a very small portion. The bread on the sandwich was terrible, and I only had one bite of it. I have yet to find good bread in a Chincoteague restaurant, but still have hopes.

Like virtually all servers, it appears, mine wanted to "start me off" with a beverage, and he seemed genuinely surprised that water was good enough for me. He asked if I was sure.

All in all, I don't see why this restaurant rates such high reviews as it gets. I won't be back to find out.

1  Thank HarveyL759
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We called ahead (seating for 8) and received our requested reservation time (with only an hour's notice).

Upon arrival the table was ready, and our reservation allowed us to bypass a small list of walk-in diners.

We had wonderful mixed drinks and ordered a bottle of wine. We ordered a range of surf and turf entrees from the menu and were surprised by the large portions. We had food left over on all the seafood platters and could have split them between folks with food to spare.

One of the better seafood restaurant experiences we have had in our visits to CI. We would recommend to all, and recieved this has a recommendation from some locals.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We are semi-locals on Chincoteague, having owned a vacation cottage there for more than a half-dozen years. Bill's continues to be our favorite dining spot.

The food is always delicious and the service is top-notch. The specials are usually quite creative.

Unlike many of the other restaurants on the island, Bill's offers a true dining experience: great soups, salads and appetizers, delicious warm bread, large, delicious portions as entrees and scrumptious desserts.

1  Thank paul-delaware