“Probably the best in chincoteague”

Bill's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner since 1960. The freshest local seafood, hand cut steaks, and chops. As well as pasta dishes. All accompanied by our international wine list. Beer and cocktails are served. Be sure to save room for our legendary desserts
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife's entree included the tropical shrimp salad. It is good, but it has the strangest combination of ingredients that I have seen in a long time - salad greens, small shrimp, oranges, carrots & pineapple with a tasty but viscous honey-mustard dressing on the side. Ambrosia gone wild, but somehow it works.

My wife ordered the pork shank osso bucco with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Everything was excellent. The slaw was definitely homemade & contained bits of granny smith apple. Again, not your usual coleslaw, but the combination works.

I ordered the seafood Norfolk with garden salad and mashed potatoes. Both were excellent. The mashed potatoes with ham hocks and cheese is to die for! I recommend it to accompany any entree.

The 6-layer chocolate cake for dessert was excellent, and the service (Leslie) was friendly and efficient.

One small quibble - when they ask you if you want plain tap water or sparkling water, they should let you know that if you say "sparkling water" you just bought a $6 bottle of San Pellegrino.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a memorable last evening at Bill's Seafood Restaurant. The service and food were excellent. We began with oysters on the half shell which were very good. My husband greatly enjoyed the scallop and shrimp kebobs while I loved the dinner special of rockfish stuffed with crabmeat. Both our entrees were quite plentiful - too much to eat! I had a wonderful and well-priced Virginia chardonnay (can't remember the name). And our server was attentive and personable. All in all, a wonderful dining experience. We look forward to returning on our next visit to Chincoteague.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I just got back from dinner at Bills. I started out with cream of crab soup (delicious!!), then a great caesar salad.
Entre was Rockfish with a crab and hollandaise sauce. It was possibly the best seafood dinner I've ever had! My wife was equally impressed with her dinner. We will definitely come back again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We just celebrated our anniversary at Bills and we couldn't have been more delighted. I treated myself to the surf and turf and my wife had the seafood skewer both meals were very good, the proportion was just right. The service was spot on, just the right amount if time between courses. Outstanding!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Make your reservation ahead of time and eat at Bill's. We ate at several places on Chincoteague and we thought this was by far the best seafood and atmosphere. The place was packed. We had their Oyster bake and and shrimp & scallops skewers. The seafood was fresh, the side dishes were excellent, the sauces were creamy and the service was excellent. Hands down, simply the best food on the island.