“Stay away from this one”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We wanted to go to the Village for a good seafood meal in Chincoteague, My son and his girlfriend had never had seafood. The Village was not open yet so we drove and found Don's. What a mistake. The restaurant was dirty, old and the food was even worse. We all ordered something different but I got the seafood sampler so that everyone could try some of each kind of seafood. The food was bland and tasted all the same. The price was way too much for any of the portions my family received. Needless to say after spending $100 plus we didn't get a chance to go to another seafood restaurant on the island. What a disappointment we all decided Red Lobster in Cleveland OH has better food.

1  Thank maryloretta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We just got back from a week at Chincoteague Island Virginia 8/9/2010.The 1st restaurant, we chose to try was Don's Seafood Restaurant on Main Street. The seafood was not fresh, Portions were very small. My wife, 2 kids and I was a total was $80.00 and I have had better seafood at Long John Silver`s and for much less .The salad bar was one-trip and not great. The fish tasted like frozen. My son got a pizza, and I've had better frozen pizza. The shrimp basket, my daughter ordered was overcooked and the shrimp were so small. I have nothing good to say about this place. Second night, we went to Steamer's. Now, that was awesome.

1  Thank tiberiusz
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Good place to eat... staff very nice and helpful. We enjoyed fish fries, fried chicken and other great entrees.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We tried many of the seafood restaurants and roadside eateries’ and choose Don’s Seafood Restaurant as our favorite and Woody’s Beach BBQ as our second. We went to Chincoteague for the island experience and Don’s establishment fit in perfectly with the other stores on Main Street. If you are looking for glitz and glimmer you came to the wrong island. However, if you are looking for great seafood with an island atmosphere, then do you yourself a favor and eat at Don’s.

Reviewed August 1, 2010