“Pass this one by”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed July 27, 2010

During our visit we tried to eat at every place once. This had to be the worst food Ive ever been served! The whole place was old and dirty, the table was dirty and the waitress was more worried about her friends dining beside us than getting something to clean the table with. Once she finally did, she seemed as if we were totally cramping her style. From that point on it seemed as if she didnt want to be bothered with us. Needless to say we didnt leave her much of a tip. Neither of us could finish our meal it was that bad!! Ive had better food at Mcdonald's. I would recommend passing this one by, for sure!

go2dons, Owner at Don's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2010

Something sounded fishy about this review and I had to reply. We at Don’s work hard to provide a clean and friendly place for family dining. Should any customer see anything that needs taken care of or have a problem with any situation that may arise in my restaurant feel free to ask for a manager or the owner. Yes at times we get busy, but after 35 years and with over 80% of our business repeat, ask locals where they go. We try to do the best we can to make everyone’s dining experience special and enjoyable.
Tommy Clark , owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Nice atmosphere and service, but food was lacking.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

When we arrived we headed to the restrooms-- the men's room was stinky, smelled like an old bar's men's room that hadn't been cleaned. The ladies room was equally dirty, and a waitress was smoking in it!! Talk about disgusting! The salad bar was also dirty. It looked like no one had tended to it for hours. The french fries were inedible, as if they had turned off the frier and soaked the potatoes. The fish was fried with the skin on it! So you had to remove the coating to remove the skin. Don't go here.

1  Thank chocoholic2
Reviewed July 18, 2010

After reading mixed reviews we decided to do a drive by. It looked nice on the outside so we went in. I have to say I am glad we did. The seafood was fresh, the salad bar was nice. There was a variety of vegetables and desserts to choose from as well as beer and drinks from the bar. Our waitress was pleasant; by the time we finished our salad our food arrived. The table next to us said they come every time they visit. I think we will as well. I would definately recommend Dons Seafood.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was our first stop in Chincoteague for lunch. Not exactly anything to write home about, although it did seem to be a local favorite. Our sandwiches were okay, but nothing great. I asked for wheat bread for my chicken salad sandwich- oops! The hot crab dip, advertised as the island's best, was definitely lacking and I hope it is not the island's best. It was served with some kind of not so crispy chips and a very crispy, if not burnt, layer on the dip! My choices were white bread, toasted white or a white roll. The atomosphere reminded me a blue plate diner rather than a great seafood restaurant. Service was quick and efficient.