“Nice atmosphere and service, but food was...”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Nice atmosphere and service, but food was lacking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed July 20, 2010

When we arrived we headed to the restrooms-- the men's room was stinky, smelled like an old bar's men's room that hadn't been cleaned. The ladies room was equally dirty, and a waitress was smoking in it!! Talk about disgusting! The salad bar was also dirty. It looked like no one had tended to it for hours. The french fries were inedible, as if they had turned off the frier and soaked the potatoes. The fish was fried with the skin on it! So you had to remove the coating to remove the skin. Don't go here.

1  Thank chocoholic2
Reviewed July 18, 2010

After reading mixed reviews we decided to do a drive by. It looked nice on the outside so we went in. I have to say I am glad we did. The seafood was fresh, the salad bar was nice. There was a variety of vegetables and desserts to choose from as well as beer and drinks from the bar. Our waitress was pleasant; by the time we finished our salad our food arrived. The table next to us said they come every time they visit. I think we will as well. I would definately recommend Dons Seafood.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was our first stop in Chincoteague for lunch. Not exactly anything to write home about, although it did seem to be a local favorite. Our sandwiches were okay, but nothing great. I asked for wheat bread for my chicken salad sandwich- oops! The hot crab dip, advertised as the island's best, was definitely lacking and I hope it is not the island's best. It was served with some kind of not so crispy chips and a very crispy, if not burnt, layer on the dip! My choices were white bread, toasted white or a white roll. The atomosphere reminded me a blue plate diner rather than a great seafood restaurant. Service was quick and efficient.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Been visiting the island for many years, Don's Seafood Rest. is a must stop during every visit. It is worth the wait if you cannot be seated right away. The crab cakes, stuffed flounder and shrimp are to die for.

1  Thank kwn306